• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Peterinvan

index.php

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Saint-Tropez_-_Vue_générale,_église,_phare.jpg
Saint-Tropez is a small village South-East of France by the Mediterranean Sea with 3851 inhabitants, 25 Hotels 5 stars, few 4 stars and 119 restaurants...
I've been there many times... Can you spot the church ?

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Tonight's little visitor out back when I got home from Good Friday service.

Unruffled (viewed from inside)

Ruffled (viewed from outside)

Awesome... Did it start chattering its teeth to warn you as being too close? I was hiking and darkness came really fast and I was walking out of the nature hike and I stumbled across something in the darkness that was chattering I walked the other way and I researched it and the place is crawling with porcupine and they noisily chatter their teeth when they are about to impale you with quills. :eek:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Awesome... Did it start chattering its teeth to warn you as being too close? I was hiking and darkness came really fast and I was walking out of the nature hike and I stumbled across something in the darkness that was chattering I walked the other way and I researched it and the place is crawling with porcupine and they noisily chatter their teeth when they are about to impale you with quills. :eek:
No, it was displeased to see me so close, but it just puffed up its quills and kind of slunk (slinked?) away.
I've never seen one up near the house before -- they're usually not so far from the trees on the perimeter of the property when we see 'em.

It's also this time of year in northern New England. This was earlier today.

Two tom turkeys sparring for dominance. Note the juxtaposition of their heads. ;)
Here's a blow-up.

1680918120780.png

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, it was displeased to see me so close, but it just puffed up its quills and kind of slunk (slinked?) away.
I've never seen one up near the house before -- they're usually not so far from the trees on the perimeter of the property when we see 'em.

It's also this time of year in northern New England. This was earlier today.

Two tom turkeys sparring for dominance. Note the juxtaposition of their heads. ;)
Here's a blow-up.

View attachment 277816
Turkeys are cool... I've had pet/farm turkeys that followed me around in the yard and when I would sit they would walk over to me and sit beside me. Friendly beasties. :D

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Turkeys are cool... I've had pet/farm turkeys that followed me around in the yard and when I would sit they would walk over to me and sit beside me. Friendly beasties. :D
Not during breeding season, though ;)

nobodynoz

Eguisheim, France : an inspiration for the movie "Beauty and the Beast".

ribonucleic

CSIRAC-Pano,-Melb.-Museum,-12.8.2008.jpg

The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Automatic Computer (CSIRAC), which in 1951 became the first computer to play music - making it the great-granddaddy of all DACs.

The music was the (unfortunately) deathless "Colonel Bogey's March".

nobodynoz

I saw this film in an outdoor cinema called "the REX" in Ivory Coast (Africa) where I was going to school then...

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A 51cm (20") Luminglas plasma light I picked up recently. It's a fun novelty light similar to your classic plasma ball lights but in disk shape. It responds to sound and music so it's very hypnotic to watch.
Does that plasma light cause any sort of interference (emi/noise/wutevr) with your system?
They can and may...

I have had one of these ChronotronixV300 clocks since July 2005. It turns-on its nixie-tubes for 5 hours per night (1900 to 2359Hours)...
ChronotronixV300-NixieClock02Front.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202304_OldManOfTheMtn-NH-pre2003.jpg
I stole this "Old Man of the Mountain" (NH) from wikipedia; instead of digging deep thru tons of my old 35mm photos;)
They say it collapsed in 2003 but I think the Old Man was secretly transferred to Taft Point (CA) under the federal witness protection program.
201809_YosemiteBurnCruiseTaftPoint-OldMansFaceOnCliffLQ.jpg
Need help?
201809_YosemiteBurnCruiseTaftPoint-OldMansFaceOnCliffLQ2.jpg
Now do you believe me???:eek:

JaccoW

Does that plasma light cause any sort of interference (emi/noise/wutevr) with your system?
They can and may...

I have had one of these ChronotronixV300 clocks since July 2005. It turns-on its nixie-tubes for 5 hours per night (1900 to 2359Hours)...
View attachment 278381
Not that I notice. Though they are on a different plug and the speakers are well-shielded.
I do have a large blacklight tube that will make popping noises when I turn it on while playing a record though. :oops:

Those Nixie clocks are great. That warm glow is just a very comfortable look to have in the living room.
Mine is a segmented LED light version, the Karlsson Cathode. There's a white LED version as well but that one is extremely bright. Slightly more affordable as well though who doesn't love those original tubes?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
View attachment 278388 I stole this "Old Man of the Mountain" (NH) from wikipedia; instead of digging deep thru tons of my old 35mm photos;)
They say it collapsed in 2003 but I think the Old Man was secretly transferred to Taft Point (CA) under the federal witness protection program.
View attachment 278389Need help?
View attachment 278390Now do you believe me???:eek:
As a Granite Stater myself, I feel the need to point out that... this is sacred territory you're talking about! ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As a Granite Stater myself -- this is sacred territory you're talking about! ;)
Yes, I was a Loon-y skier and meant no disrespect to the natives.
P1160659.JPG
fresh photo.
Some conspiracy minded people have said that it was stolen but that is far-fetched... don't you think?

Top Bottom