• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Silver1omo

Zombies?
090.jpg

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
IMG_1365.jpeg

Small lake called "Balcère" - full of fish - in the Pyrénées mountains, South of France, with my simple Canon, September 19, 15:56
Click on image.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
DSC_0535 (2).JPG

Two (American bald) eagles cavorting (high) above our driveway a few weeks ago. By the time I realized they were in fact eagles and not just turkey vultures, and I went inside, got the camera, put the long lens on it, and schlepped it back outside... they'd circled up to a pretty great height -- so, unfortunately, not a great photo.

Still, it's unusal to see two at once by our house (a few miles - as the eagle flies ;) - from the Connecticut River, a zone which is fairly rife with eagles nowadays).

nobodynoz

IMG_1502.jpeg

/ September 24, 2020 - 11:08 / Pyrénées mountains, France / following my wife in a dangerous path / If you go overboard here, you can't survive... / 95 yards - 87m above the river /

Dmitri

Forum Donor
56C70AC8-2144-4AF4-B3DD-319B203228B5.jpeg
What’s all this about putting our wives in danger?
Acadia National Park, Maine...on the Jordan Cliffs trail.
38 years together...still smitten. ; )

Dmitri

Forum Donor
36E1CB6A-FD6E-4751-9757-E6793FDBF599.jpeg
One thing to love about New England trails. If you’re lost, take the path of most resistance. 9 times outta ten, that is the trail.
Acadia National Park, Maine, Pemetic Mountain...mid September.

Last edited:

Dmitri

Forum Donor
A932B014-E7E0-40B8-978D-8B96CF135506.jpeg

Somes Sound as viewed from Acadia Mountain.

We spent three weeks in Acadia National Park on Mt Desert Island, Maine....the one vacation we refused to cancel. Went post Labor Day weekend, (off peak) as Acadia is generally a very crowded park, and will even be starting a reservation system next year.
Had to quarantine for two weeks...but we could still hike and the Walmart in Ellsworth would take our on line grocery order, do the shopping for us and pack everything in the back of our SUV. We rent the same VRBO every year, do all our own cooking...and this year we drove and brought the entire wine cellar with us. It was awesome. Did miss my audio system though... ; )

nobodynoz

IMG_1418.jpeg

Just ten minutes before the rain...If I could.....build my home here, yes I would......... !
Pyrénées mountains, France, less than 20km from Spain. These mountains are separating France from Spain.
/ September 22, 12:30 / with my simple Canon and DxO /

Last edited:

Dmitri

Forum Donor
View attachment 86837
If I could.............................. build my home here, yes I would.................................. do it !
Pyrénées mountains, France, less than 20km from Spain. In fact these mountains are separating France from Spain.
/ September 22, 12:30 / with my simple Canon and DxO /

OK by me, as long as I could be your neighbor! ; ). That’s gorgeous!

FNQGuy

Being from Australia, and considerate to my new northern friends, this one I put through a hemisphere compensation filter...
DSCN3938.JPG

It did occur to me after i posted this, that some may be in the Southern hemisphere. So to view this as it was taken you can,
1, use a mirror in the horizontal plane.
2, Stand on your head.
or 3, turn you screen or laptop upside down. Note, this does not work with tablets, they will uncompensate your compensation for the compensated image. :)

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Being from Australia, and considerate to my new northern friends, this one I put through a hemisphere compensation filter...

What I expect would bother me about being in the Southern Hemisphere, would be how the Sun would rise on the right and set on the left, instead of the correct way.

I do like your maps, though:

1602464719875.png

Other than that, the most disorienting sunrise for me occurred on a flight from Chicago to Hong Kong in 2001, over the North Pole in late December.

It rose due south.

The next thing that bothered me was that we were flying directly towards Siberia and China, and I hadn't realized the Russians had opened their airspace to commercial traffic yet.

FNQGuy

What I expect would bother me about being in the Southern Hemisphere, would be how the Sun would rise on the right and set on the left, instead of the correct way.

View attachment 87423

Other than that, the most disorienting sunrise for me occurred on a flight from Chicago to Hong Kong in 2001, over the North Pole in late December.

It rose due south.

The next thing that bothered me was that we were flying directly towards Siberia and China, and I hadn't realized the Russians had opened their airspace to commercial traffic yet.

I know the thread said just a few words, but I have to ask... Where did you get an atlas with everything the right way up, including the words...:). because I tried the obvious.. Adanac, didnt cut it...

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

View attachment 87423

It rose due south.

Too bad the map's (still) a Mercator projection -- were it not, it'd be even more disorenting to Amurricans (and Europeans, too, for that matter). :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

cathodeb

View attachment 87423

It rose due south.

The United States is not shaped that way.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This just makes me want a globe. Maps are OK for a few thousand miles across, but for the whole earth, a globe is superior.

Top Bottom