• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pacific ocean, near LAX:
_DSC1216.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
What were they looking for, and how did you manage to snap the photos without scaring them off?
They're eating bird seed dropped from the platform feeder (not seen, but atop the post you see in the top two photos). I had also put scratch mix on the ground as we've had a few turkeys in the yard again recently (after a several month absence).

My wife had flipped on the outside light before closing the blinds upstairs (an evening ritual, you know ;) ) before bed. There're often some critters out there -- not usually foxes, though. I went and got my DSLR and snapped a few quick photos. These two foxes were pretty much unfazed by the light, although the smaller one was a bit flightier.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's not so pretty out there right now! I'm glad to be miles away. Nor'easter in full swing. those sandbars might not be there tomorrow.
Yup, sad but true. :(

Meanwhile, further north and west, in the CT River "Upper Valley" (New Hampshire side), light snow and sixteen candles cardinals.

sixteen cardinals 29Jan2022.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yup, sad but true. :(

Meanwhile, further north and west, in the CT River "Upper Valley" (New Hampshire side), light snow and sixteen candles cardinals.

View attachment 182821

Far out. Red birds. We have magpies here for excitement. They fly like kamikazes and every summer I see them limping about or with a injured wing from flying accidents.
70580991-480px.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Far out. Red birds. We have magpies here for excitement. They fly like kamikazes and every summer I see them limping about or with a injured wing from flying accidents.
70580991-480px.jpg
No magpies here, only out West in the US (AFAIK).

We do get these here, though.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

... and these, too, of course.
Benjamin Franklin wanted these to symbolize America, rather than that other bird in the photo in my previous post. :)

Top Bottom