• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Mantis.jpg

I captured this critter on my driveway using my Pixel 4A, using 2x magnification and the camera's 'night sight' setting. The light was actually quite dim. If I had to go inside and lug out my Canon 5D MKIII, he would be long gone, and even then the light would have been challenging.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Praying mantis ?? (above) There are many in Africa... and they are big, up to 12cm... In Ivory Coast where I've spent many years, scorpions measure up to 14cm.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Praying mantis ?? (above) There are many in Africa... and they are big, up to 12cm... In Ivory Coast where I've spent many years, scorpions measure up to 14cm.
Yep, praying mantis. This guy was about 3 inches long which is a bit bigger than usual. I can just imagine a nightmare scenario where 10 foot high versions of these roam the land and devour us silly humans. Quite a terrifying thought. :eek:

nobodynoz

Capture.jpg

This is not a picture I've taken. Her name is Yulia and she was born in Austria (a country that I like a lot) . In Austria the towns and villages are so clean, the food so good, the people so nice that I could live there forever...
I've seen the image on Flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecker/

Best places in Austria

Last edited:

nobodynoz

8543882734.jpg

Photo OUT OF CAMERA... This is not a picture I've taken... I don't know who did it.
The Camera : Ricoh GR IIIx APSC a very small camera that you can put in your pocket or in the palm of your hand.
Many people who are doing only B&W are using that camera. It is mostly used by photographers who are doing street photography.
One can see the shadow of the photographer taking the photo.

Pictures taken with Ricoh GR IIIx

Last edited:

JRS

Major Contributor
balls.PNG

One of the few hobbies I have been engaged in that can eat money like audio, and not just lunch money but rent money. This amateur rocket is larger than most (I have a two stage that's 17.5' tall. But even the "smaller" ones might cost 400. USD to fly one time. Airframe, avionics and paint of the rocket maybe 500 to 2500. It's a bitch when they crash or get lost.

nobodynoz

Chinese Temple "Guan Di" who is the Asian god of commerce, literature and war, is located in "Saint Pierre", La Réunion Island, which is surrounded by Madagascar the largest island on the planet after Australia - Mauritius - Seychelles islands and Mayotte, all speaking French.
Two of them belong to France : Mayotte and La Réunion.
A portion of my family is Chinese living in La Reunion Island (around 50+ people) another portion is Swiss (around 20+ people) another portion is living in France (16+ people including me).

IMG_0238.jpeg

August 15, 2017 with my iPhone 5s

IMG_0243.jpeg

At night my iPhone 5s is not that good...

Last edited:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
River Trent at Stoke-Upon-Trent - Summer 2021:

You would never know it from the photo but there's an 8 lane highway fifty yards to the right and warehouses about fifty yards to the left.

nobodynoz

This is a small village called "EUS"... SW France, located at 30 minutes from where I live. There is bar with a large terrace halfway up where I've taken an Heineken beer and an ice cream that was delicious...
You can see the church at the top.

IMG_0270.jpeg

with my Canon G7X - August 22, 2021 - hour: 18:01

MarcT

Forum Donor

nobodynoz

I was walking in a village nearby when I saw these cats and the dog above me... I had my Canon S95 in my pocket, I zoomed and they pointed their eyes at me when I whistled... at the same time I took two pictures . Clic on image...
with my Canon S95 - June 24, 2018 - Hour 20:35

IMG_6629.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom