• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
IMG_5655.jpeg

Canon S95 - September 2017 - Hour 17:20

before I used DxO app (it takes 20 seconds to get the image above)

IMG_5655 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 155273
Canon S95 - September 2017 - Hour 17:20

Do you use Adobe Photoshop to give some "effect" or "art filter" for your photo(s)? I sometimes use Photoshop (subscribing Photoshop Creative Cloud) together with Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 in retouching my photos, raw data and/or jpeg images...

Let me share just one (extreme?) example of my retouch with Photoshop.
Original jpeg by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV;
059A6376_r4_ps_rs.JPG

Retouched by Photoshop for front cover of the 120th Anniversary Book of the church;
059A6376_r15_PS_RS_OilPaint_4830x3220_483x322mm_print_rs.JPG

Last edited:

nobodynoz

I see myself in this picture. Just hanging out. A afternoon shower.

me too !.... I've spent 21 years in Africa : Tchad 2 years, Togo, 2 y and Ivory Coast 17 y... 2 years in Boca Raton, Florida - I have a US driver licence - 1 year in Montréal, Québec, Canada. I'll post some pictures I've taken in Morocco souks and in the streets... I've been in Ghana, Liberia , Algeria, Niger, Mali, Burkina Fasso, Sénégal and many countries in Europe.
so I can go in any country and I feel at home !

Last edited:

nobodynoz

@dualazmak
My pictures going out of my iphone 6s or my simple Canon S95 Camera are not good enough.
I use a very simple app made by DxO Labs that I found in Apple apps : it takes often 20 seconds - 10 withDxO and 10 with Apple Photos - from so so picture to the picture I post.... It works for Black and White too.
I use a MacBook Air... The app is made for Apple "Photos". It takes 2 minutes to be able to use it... The price is next to nothing.
Sometimes I use the app DxO perspective.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-24 à 14.29.35.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then DxO is a great company you can use their software for 1 month for free, their software don't work with Fuji cameras.
https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/. a French company.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Do you use Adobe Photoshop to give some "effect" or "art filter" for your photo(s)? I sometimes use Photoshop (subscribing Photoshop Creative Cloud) together with Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 in retouching my photos, raw data and/or jpeg images...

Let me share just one (extreme?) example of my retouch with Photoshop.
Original jpeg by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV;
View attachment 155286

Retouched by Photoshop for front cover of the 120th Anniversary Book of the church;
View attachment 155287
You can remove the building ? waow...

nobodynoz

I appears as if somebody drafted a isOmetric drawing and then colored it all in. Very kOOL. :D

Something went wrong... probably my fault ! so I've changed the picture using DxO app.
The lines you see at the top of the roof are metal and they shine because of the sun.

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Thank you, I like the photos of doors/entrances to old houses. They always give me some imagination for the life and history of the people living/lived there.

I sometimes use Photoshop or Canon Digital Photo professional 4 in retouching the door photos to make them exactly rectangular, and exactly vertical and horizontal.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can remove the building ? waow...

Yes, I could do it, I took some intensive retouch work though...

Some of the inside photos of this/our small church in downtown Chiba City which I took for our 120th Anniversary Book;

059A6437_r2_rs.JPG

DC_059A6985-7005_r3_rs.JPG

DC_059A6524-34_r2_rs.JPG

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some of the inside photos of this/our small church in downtown Chiba City which I took for our 120th Anniversary Book;

059A6939_r1_rs.JPG

059A6948_r1_rs.JPG

HDR_059A6916-2+6920-2_r3_rs2.JPG

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

HDR_059A6886-6887-6891_r1_rs.JPG

059A6253_r1_rs.JPG

DC_059A6724_r2_rs.JPG

Last edited:

nobodynoz

@mhardy6647

I like your image and it could be way better... the blue and greens are too light, you have to add saturation.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are so many of pics with oversaturated colors - I don't need more of them.

Hello, from Japan on happy autumn Sunday!

I partly and essentially agree with you...

Whether the photo "looks oversaturated or not", however, is also depending on the dynamic range of PC monitors we are using. I know many people are using different kind of monitors of really excellent (rather expensive) ones to poor (budget) monitors.

Just for one typical example, even though the image of the red truck vehicle (for potato harvest) in my post #881 may look red-oversaturated by poor monitors, you can find the red color is below the saturation level, if you would download the image for color analysis.

(It looks below saturation with my dual EIZO FlexScan EV2750 monitors, i.e. 5120 x 1440 pixel 120 x 33 cm desktop area.)

At least in my postings, I usually (but not always, sorry...) check and retouch to avoid the color/brightness over-saturation before posting them (and resize the images into less than 4,000 pixel in longer axis; I sometimes allow fully blackout pixels).

I feel the above would be always the inevitable limitations in easy photo sharing in this kind of rather frank and relaxing photo sharing web pages/sites.

In case if we like to see the photo really seriously, we can contact the poster by PM system of this forum, and ask him/her to send the full size HiRes jpeg image (and/or even intact raw data) by e-mail attachment or file exchange services like dropbox and/or google photo.

Otherwise, at least I myself, will continue to enjoy this franck, relaxing and comfortable thread, even if this thread contains some over-saturated photos which you mentioned; as Amir wrote in the top "Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. "...

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's a series of 2008 Vietnam photos shot through the window of a moving bus. In some instances, the bus slowed long enough for me to compose, while at other times I was "flying by the seat of my pants" and wasn't always sure what I was photographing until I returned home and reviewed the photos on a larger screen. I get a bit greedy sometimes because there's so much to see, and I want to see it all.

Saigon
l1005701.jpg

Saigon. Not sure, but I think it's a funeral?
l1006262.jpg

Saigon. Your guess is as good as mine
l1001271.jpg

Saigon, Piaggio showroom
l1001084.jpg

Saigon(?) Rubber plantation!
l1001281.jpg

Saigon. Pet fish for sale! I see goldfish and some sort of brightly colored cichlids.
l1001259.jpg

Top Bottom