• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

krott5333

WHAT!.................So this baseball was yours?.................sorry.........I think I’ve killed it.

:facepalm:

27905910056_4f8e319ff4_o.jpg
what kind of dog? Some of the characteristics are similar to my dog which is mostly Australian cattle dog with some Australian shepherd and border collie.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
what kind of dog?

Jack Russell with a bit of farmyard collie, best dog ever but sadly had to put him to sleep due to brain tumour 2yrs ago, 12 years old.

Zensō

Major Contributor
Nice, what techniques did you use: A bird feeder and a lot of patience perhaps?
Thanks. Normally yes, but in this case it was pure luck. I was standing near the hummingbird feeder, shooting photos of some nearby finches handheld with a 90mm lens, when this guy flew up and hovered right in front of me. I clicked once and got this image. It will likely never happen again!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
pic taken at a mates (techno DJ) very loud wedding reception back in 2006, not everyone appreciated the music

225779401_699e566dfa_o.jpg

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like to walk in that port by the Mediterranean Sea... it's a very large port a few miles from where I live (most of the boats and boat engines are made in USA)

-0EDC10C8-B618-4C65-9DB4-F114474FD4EC_1_105_c.jpeg

made with my iPhone 5 SE

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I was in Iowa when it stated snowing handfulls of snow (loosely packed clumps) along with lightning and thunder at night.

Each blob of snow would leave a little conical pile on the ground/pavement about 2 inches high.

The lightning - above the overcast and just causing the overcast to light up - created some interesting strobe effects - stop action snowblob fall... and the sky full of blobs each time.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
We had a big blizzard in 1979 in Baltimore (and one in '78, too -- the one that's still legendary in Boston).
I had a Bronco 4x4, and I drove lots of people (doctors & whatnot) to and from work during the '79 storm. I also drove some friends home from Hopkins Med School in the thick of that storm. I have a vivid memory of the sky (really the whole world-- since conditions were near white-out) lighting up purple from lightning, followed by long, rumbling thunder. It was... kind of terrifying, actually.

Rather inexplicably, we started to sing Drop Kick Me, Jesus (Through the Goalposts of Life) when it happened.
It was the Seventies...

Top Bottom