• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post photo of your desktop setup

oversky

My brand new and first desktop setup :). I'm enjoying it IMENSELY because I spend way to much time working here and it is a lot easier with good music playing.
Genelec 8330+7350+volume knob and Argon Solo streamer.
For size comparison, monitor is 32'

What I love about desk: even if I don't use it standing up often I change its height constantly. I couldn't live without cutout, my whole hands rest on the desk, it is sooo comfortable plus I can be very precise with mouse. Light on the monitor is Xiaomi, it comes with remote button for brightness and color temp, love it, it costs around 45€. IKEAs foot rest. For the first time I have 75% keyboard and I love it because I used to bump full keyboard with mouse all the time.
I'm not so sure about 32' 4k monitor, I think 27' a bit closer would be just as good.

View attachment 251129

Wow, what a room.
Do you think the shape of side wall/ceiling make better reflection or not?
It's quite different from the usual cubic setup.

SDC

20230410_192010.jpg

I once thought "Salon 2 is just 3way speaker on top of 150hz subwoofer".

The height of tweeter was 120cm perfect and verticals were good with short ctc distance.

So thats the story why this is my desktop system.

Better than the one for my taste if I add a word.

sajgre

Wow, what a room.
Do you think the shape of side wall/ceiling make better reflection or not?
It's quite different from the usual cubic setup.

Thanks. Room is way to reverberant but in my main system I have more space behind me than in front and ceiling is also very high so I get very nice spacious sound. It would probably be amazing with room treatment. For this nearfield setup I don't know because I have nothing to compare it to.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
View attachment 278295

I once thought "Salon 2 is just 3way speaker on top of 150hz subwoofer".

The height of tweeter was 120cm perfect and verticals were good with short ctc distance.

So thats the story why this is my desktop system.

Better than the one for my taste if I add a word.
Looks nice actually! How is the image?

SDC

Looks nice actually! How is the image?

Thanks. There is no low-high seperation, it all comes from a single layer just like a small speaker.

But that layer is bit high, around the tweeter(120cm) so good for critical listening but not for laying back on the chair.

Depth and width is still good even in near field situation. Listening to "under the sea" gives me goose bumps with sounds jumping out of the walls.

1680242308.png

But my room is fully treated, wide DI might not suit well for other rooms

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Thanks. There is no low-high seperation, it all comes from a single layer just like a small speaker.

But that layer is bit high, around the tweeter(120cm) so good for critical listening but not for laying back on the chair.

Depth and width is still good even in near field situation. Listening to "under the sea" gives me goose bumps with sounds jumping out of the walls.

View attachment 278437
But my room is fully treated, wide DI might not suit well for other rooms
I actually thought about using 4367 in a desktop system like you did, but they were not tall enough. What is your thoughts on Salon2 vs 4367?

SDC

Well right now I'm using 4367 side by side but it ain't good for desktop use. It is for far field listening.

It needs some distance, Erin's measurement confirms it, about 2 meters and thats far for desktop.

If you got the distance and the right height they have smoother highs(maybe the distance attenuate the highs a bit) and nice imaging.

But using 2 way horn speakers upclose I can't recommend.
Maybe there is no real problem, but the long CTC will effect you psychoacoustically. And thats really painful once it gets on your nerves. I've tried. And gave up...

Attachments

• 20230411_080448.jpg
    20230411_080448.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well right now I'm using 4367 side by side but it ain't good for desktop use. It is for far field listening.

It needs some distance, Erin's measurement confirms it, about 2 meters and thats far for desktop.

If you got the distance and the right height they have smoother highs(maybe the distance attenuate the highs a bit) and nice imaging.

But using 2 way horn speakers upclose I can't recommend.
Maybe there is no real problem, but the long CTC will effect you psychoacoustically. And thats really painful once it gets on your nerves. I've tried. And gave up...
In your configuration 4367 ..are they directly posed on the ground or did you try to pose them on a support of 18/20 cm ( 7") In the second configuration, which places them more or less has the height of M2 the spectral balance are in my opinion much better and that even in listening of less than 2 meters..

Reactions: SDC
Top Bottom