• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post-Pandemic, Return-to-Office Systems

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK so we had our fun always working from home... :) But here in California, the high-tech companies are increasingly asking their staff to return to the office 2-3 days a week. I am very lucky because for me it's totally optional - also, I switched jobs during the pandemic, and the company HQ is just 5mins from where I live, so no commuting hardship for me.

That said, naturally one of the first things I did was to set up a good headphone combo in my office. I re-used an Arcam rPAC and Shure SRH1540 cans. The latter are great because they sound pretty awesome, and because they are closed to they cut off a lot of office noise. The Arcam has a venerable age but still sounds plenty good enough to reveal any detail I care about. :)

Just curious about others "new" office systems. :)

Attachments

• 20221006_095502.jpg
    20221006_095502.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 52

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a $70 Sennheiser USB headset on my work computer that isn’t bad. Can do double duty for zooming and listening, Very light on the head and ears.

I also have those Truthear zero IEMs that Amir Made famous with a BTR7 amp/DAC. I can use those via bluetooth or cable from my iPhone. But IEMs bug me after a while. And there’s an advantage to having a visible-from-a-distance headset, as it keeps interlopers at bay.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK so we had our fun always working from home... :) But here in California, the high-tech companies are increasingly asking their staff to return to the office 2-3 days a week. I am very lucky because for me it's totally optional - also, I switched jobs during the pandemic, and the company HQ is just 5mins from where I live, so no commuting hardship for me.

That said, naturally one of the first things I did was to set up a good headphone combo in my office. I re-used an Arcam rPAC and Shure SRH1540 cans. The latter are great because they sound pretty awesome, and because they are closed to they cut off a lot of office noise. The Arcam has a venerable age but still sounds plenty good enough to reveal any detail I care about. :)

Just curious about others "new" office systems. :)
Topping D30pro/A30 pro Drop Senn HD6xx. My family we’re ready to evict me unless I turned to headphones.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I kept an ELAC EA-101 driving a pair of Mirage OMD-5’s and a 10” Tannoy sub in my pre-pandemic office. Now, AKG N5005 driven by Qudelix 5k or AKG N700NC M2. And AirPods Pro for calls.

D!sco

Lightning adapter and Blessing 2: Dusk. I like the less bright crinacle profile. Sometimes I get asked why I still use "old earbuds". Only when the adapter acts up do I agree.

MenloBob

I went full time remote despite living 20 mins from the office. So my office system is a pair of JBL EON 715's hooked up to a Motu M4 for those times I need to wake up my wife from the office... ;)

Top Bottom