• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post Directiva r1 Active Crossovers here

Solveit

Currently working on my take on "Directiva" and here are some early captures. These are not final, I am still playing with the crossover, but what I have is promising and sounds nice too, just mono testing. I used the REW EQ-drivers-flat-on-axis-past-XO-points method, as discussed earlier. Started with 3k but will likely lower to 2.4-2.5k as my woofer looks like it has some funny behavior around 3-4khz off axis making for a bump in the sound power there.

My version is a ported floorstander with an F3 of ~35hz. I'm experimenting with wavelength traps with the port plumbing within the base of the floorstander cabinet, as I discussed in the directiva thread, to significantly reduce port resonances. Again, its still early days with the final port tune. Measurement equipment is a combination of EMM6 mic, UMIK-1, 4.5ms window stitching to near field LF measurements. I haven't had the time to do full turntable measurements, hopefully this weekend. It should be noted the EQ's I arrived at were way off rick/ctrl/amir's, using those EQ's (from this thread) gave me a wide smile curve. The differences between driver responses is worth paying attention to!

View attachment 160448View attachment 160449View attachment 160450

View attachment 160451

As I said, some interesting off axis stuff happening and some things I suspect I wont be able to capture with the current 4.5ms window but its not terrible. Open to criticisms. To the music very soon, I hope~!
Nice but then you have to change EQ in listening position and all curves changing...
:)
I have an crazy room but accepted my dips.
Purifi with WG300 in TL.

Attachments

• 247028365_1568406703506887_1097779035229465767_n.jpg
    247028365_1568406703506887_1097779035229465767_n.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

headshake

Currently working on my take on "Directiva" and here are some early captures. These are not final, I am still playing with the crossover, but what I have is promising and sounds nice too, just mono testing. I used the REW EQ-drivers-flat-on-axis-past-XO-points method, as discussed earlier. Started with 3k but will likely lower to 2.4-2.5k as my woofer looks like it has some funny behavior around 3-4khz off axis making for a bump in the sound power there.

My version is a ported floorstander with an F3 of ~35hz. I'm experimenting with wavelength traps with the port plumbing within the base of the floorstander cabinet, as I discussed in the directiva thread, to significantly reduce port resonances. Again, its still early days with the final port tune. Measurement equipment is a combination of EMM6 mic, UMIK-1, 4.5ms window stitching to near field LF measurements. I haven't had the time to do full turntable measurements, hopefully this weekend. It should be noted the EQ's I arrived at were way off rick/ctrl/amir's, using those EQ's (from this thread) gave me a wide smile curve. The differences between driver responses is worth paying attention to!

View attachment 160448View attachment 160449View attachment 160450

View attachment 160451

As I said, some interesting off axis stuff happening and some things I suspect I wont be able to capture with the current 4.5ms window but its not terrible. Open to criticisms. To the music very soon, I hope~!
Can you show a REW decay and waterfall?

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can you show a REW decay and waterfall?
You'll have to enlighten me as to how to do so, and is it even insightful with a 4.5ms gate?

EDIT: Is this the capture you wanted?

waterfall L.jpg

Last edited:

diyhobby

Can anyone post the miniDSP 2x4HD configuration file here

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone post the miniDSP 2x4HD configuration file here
Please forgive the delay but have torn down my system for some room painting. If you have not figured out, let me know. Should be able to find a config file but cannot verify it currently.

diyhobby

Any chance to download the Directiva miniDSP 2x4Hd file. would be great if I can get them

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any chance to download the Directiva miniDSP 2x4Hd file. would be great if I can get them

My apologies for the delay, had home issues that were urgent and still have not had a chance to set up r1s to test this config.

It may need to be tweaked, but will give a solid example to use. See attachment....

Attachments

• Directiva r1.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom