• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Possible to partially quote a post?

Digby

Major Contributor
I often want to quote part of what someone is saying to reply to a specific point, but when you use the reply feature the whole post ends up in your post. Some forums have an ability to quote selectively by highlighting what you want, then clicking quote/reply - is something similar possible here, if not could it be implemented?

raindance

Major Contributor
It's already possible. Just delete the stuff between the quote controls.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just highlight the post section you want and click the reply button.

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
Just highlight the post and remove the part you don't want to include.

I do, but that is a real pain if you want to respond to several comments and/or people in one post.

LearningToSmile

Are you on mobile or desktop? Because on regular desktop browser at least it's already implemented, you select the text you want to quote, and a small "reply" pop-up appears - click that and you only quote the selected part. Here's an example:
1648762005708.png

You can also just delete unwanted parts like above posters said.

dc655321

Major Contributor
Some forums have an ability to quote selectively by highlighting what you want, then clicking quote/reply - is something similar possible here, if not could it be implemented?

I just did exactly that.
Highlight desired text. Release mouse button. Click on "Reply" hovering link.

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
Are you on mobile or desktop? Because on regular desktop browser at least it's already implemented, you select the text you want to quote, and a small "reply" pop-up appears - click that and you only quote the selected part.
That is what I wanted. Thank you. For some reason highlighting doesn't work when using reply at the bottom of the page, this is what I was doing wrong.

Top Bottom