• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable DAC for KSE1200

Clovabes

Hey there,
I'm not quite sure which DAC to take for the KSE1200, that I'm going to get. I've been skulking around awhile in this forum and thought the HIDIZS S8 (btw: is the AP80 Pro a viable alternative to the S8 since HIDIZS seems to be hit or miss from what I gathered?) would be a good fit since its small and has quite good measurements. The E1DA 9038D also came to mind, but since it is not released yet its not an option.
Reading on other forums and comments on the internet it seems some people imply that a 100€ portable DAC/AMP is not good enough for the KSE1200 (1700€) but since the DAC measurements from Amir seem to be so good that THD+N is in the inaudible range and the amplification is in the DAC delivered with the in ears.
So in your opinion would a small DAC like HIDIZS S8 be sufficient or should I buy a more premium one like Fiio Q5s, M11 Pro, etc.
Other suggestions about a suitable DAC/DAP would also be welcome :D

Top Bottom