• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable dac amp for Sundara

mediocrebutarrogant

So, my desktop chain, is near perfect now.. Tidal MQA on Mac -> usb -> E50 -> L30 High Gain 2 o clock -> Sundara -> brilliant! thanks ASR!
I also have iphone Tidal app -> wiim optical -> topping E50 optical in -> Topping L30 pre out to-> Denon 250 BT AVR playing in direct mode to Dali Zensor 1 s and DIY subs -> Again pristine, but no MQA yet, which i hope to get soon with the next firmware upgrade. That said, these set ups are limited to bedroom, den , so now i want to carry my sundaras around the house, when i am working on my ipad pro.
So the chain would be something like Tidal app ipad pro-> usb dock -> something like ifi hip dac v2 (has to be MQA capable) -> Sundara any recommendations for the something like ifi hip dac v2 (has to be MQA capable) would be most excellent, considering the poor performance of the hip dac in the review on ASR, I would really like something like it , but is not as bad.

Haider

I use E1DA 9038d with my Sundaras. It’s loud enough to do EQ with Amir’s Peace/Equaliser APO settings coupled with the ultra small USB stick size you can’t go wrong...

OP
M

mediocrebutarrogant

Well for what it’s worth I did get the hip dac2 , compared to topping l30 ,e50 single ended , running the sundara balanced on hip dac2 is ok for the application, ie it can drive the sundara to ear deafening levels. It’s quite nice for the money , but of course audible distortion is there in some tracks , so not as pristine as l30 but it will do for making the Sundaras portable. You can say hip dac is like red label Johnny walker at best compared to glefiddich 12 for L30

Top Bottom