• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable Bluetooth Headphone AMP with optical/coaxial input? xDuoo XD-05 BASIC measurements?

Hello everyone,

What I am looking for:

Portable (should somewhat be able to fit in a pant pocket, "smartphone sized")
Bluetooth Input (at least version 5.0 + aptx would be nice)
Digital inputs (coaxial/optical)
Decent SINAD (at least considering the price)

Basicly I want a somewhat decent amp I can put on my desk and connect to my workstation via optical/coaxial but also put in my pocket and walk around the house with.

The one option that I could find that is in my budget is the xDuoo XD-05 BASIC.

Now there are measurements for the PLUS version and other versions aswell but I could not find measurements for the BASIC. I am guessing it must measure worse as it has build in Bluetooth.

Could it be this unit will basically measure the same as the PLUS version?

Does anyone have experience with the BASIC?

Any other Portable Headphone Amps/Dacs with Bluetooth + Battery + Coaxial/Optical input?

Other options I already considered but are not viable for some or an other reason are:

Fiio Q7 (too expensive and bulky 500g is pushing it)
xDuoo XD-05 Plus (Bluetooth only with adapter, not what I am looking for)
xDuoo XD-05 Bal (a bit too pricey, )
ifi xdsd & xdsd gryphon (both measure quite bad for the price, v1 has bt 3.0 which must be terrible)

Thanks!

staticV3

Master Contributor
If USB instead of Toslink/Coax would be an option, then the Topping G5 would be an obvious choice.

Are your workstation's USB ports already in use, or do you avoid USB for another reason?

OP
Taschenrechner
If USB instead of Toslink/Coax would be an option, then the Topping G5 would be an obvious choice.

Are your workstation's USB ports already in use, or do you avoid USB for another reason?
I considered the G5 yes and it is an excellent choice how ever I own a Focusrite 18i20 with optical/coaxial out and it's really convenient for my purposes to use that digital out with an amp/dac.

At this point I am considering just ditching the whole idea of having it all in one package and use the Focusrites headphone outs + a bluetooth amp with USB Dac like the G5.

But it would be really cool if there was a good option that just lets me use optical + bluetooth.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Maybe the Mojo 2?
It measures well(ish) and has Toslink, Coax, and USB inputs. Even an onboard EQ.
The downside is its high price and awful UI.

Edit: ah shoot, no BT input. Sorry

OP
Taschenrechner
Maybe the Mojo 2?
It measures well(ish) and has Toslink, Coax, and USB inputs. Even an onboard EQ.
The downside is its high price and awful UI.

Edit: ah shoot, no BT input. Sorry
right no bt. but I wonder if I could just add it somehow with a cheaper bluetooth dac on it. something like that. or some sort of optical to analog converter to a decent Bluetooth amp without optical.

Top Bottom