• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable Amp Upgrade For a Reviewer

Fixxer

Hello folks.

I am an eargear reviewer who processeses any phones. I mean iems or headphones doesnt matter.

Currenty using Fiio btr5 if I feel the need for an amp in that items review. But first would you recommend to portable the amp (it cant be desktop amp in my case) and what'd you suggest as an actual upgrade over it?

Ps: I already have an idea of the next amp I use but I wanted to see the other options (if any)

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Centrance DacPort, Meizu HiFi Pro Audio Adpater, Apple USB-C adapter

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Centrance DacPort...

The CEntrance headphone amps can work well; I've tested one that was very good, the DACportable, and one that was problematic, the MixerFace, but the drivers can be quite squirrely. In my case, it worked fine with JRiver, but crashed APx500 and ARTA. I mean massive crash, the kind where you have to unplug the computer to reset things.

Top Bottom