• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Porcupine Tree 2022 Toronto

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got home from seeing the first show of this tour. There were some tech bugs with video but Steven Wilson had a lot of fun making fun and restarting a couple songs. All in all a great show. I was seated maybe 10 rows on the sound console which should have been great but there was a bass throb. That corrected when the house stood and frankly the house stood most of the night.

ctbarker32

I will be seeing them at the Anthem in DC a week from now. It is close to a year to the day that I saw the very last and final concert of King Crimson in North America at the very same venue. Of course, Gavin Harrison was/will be playing both concerts.

I have seen Porcupine Tree twice. One was back in the 90's when they were the opening act for Gong. Wild and crazy but great.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will be seeing them at the Anthem in DC a week from now. It is close to a year to the day that I saw the very last and final concert of King Crimson in North America at the very same venue. Of course, Gavin Harrison was/will be playing both concerts.

I have seen Porcupine Tree twice. One was back in the 90's when they were the opening act for Gong. Wild and crazy but great.
I saw Pineapple Thief a few months ago. It seems to me that Gavin was more open to do his thing with that band. I’m not saying he wasn’t great last night but musically he was show cased more.

Topoceans

I saw the old band several times. I saw the show in Denver last night and was not impressed. They have revamped old songs making them more like rock. The show seemed routine missing the passion. The sound system was off with the volume of the guitar so loud you could not hear the keyboard. Gavin was not into the show or the crowd he just did his job to perfection. I left this show early which I would never have done with the original band

djcox2112

In reply to "Topoceans", I smell bullshit.. I just saw them last Friday on the 23rd in Irving, TX, at the Verizon Music center. That was an incredible show, yes they were "hard" and "loud" as PT is during certain passages of songs. They are a Progressive Rock band, the weird time signatures, the heavy guitar is expected. The incredible "tightness" of this band was the best part of the show, they were on point the whole show. I'm not a newby to rock concerts, as I'm 60 years old. I've seen Rush 23 times, Queen twice back in the day. Also seen "early" Yes, Floyd, and Genesis live, and also recent bands like Dream Theater... I know a good show when I see one. Also, I saw PT in 2009 at the "House of Blues" venue in Dallas during the FOBP tour, so I know what they sound/should be live. Bottom line, they were at the top of their game on Friday in DFW. I can't speak for Denver last night, but I would think that PT at their worst would be better than 99% of touring bands out there today. If you are in a city or close to one that PT is coming to, by all means go see it. Prior to 2022, I never thought they would put out another album or tour again because after a decade of "no news" from them they were done. SW even indicated that. So, if you get a chance to go see PT in 2022 GO see them!!! Bottom line, there the only true Prog Rock band still alive in my opinion...

Top Bottom