• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Polls and/or data on ASR member's modus operandi

threni

Major Contributor
Is it just me, or would it be interesting and useful to have information about how people here consume music? I can imagine a webform with questions such as:
What's the main format you listen to (flac/cd/stream/vinyl/etc)
Do you use EQ for headphones? Same EQ for each pair?
Do you use tone control to compensate for certain recordings?
How much time do you spend listening to music? What genres?
etc.

I suppose it could also include questions about whether they think DACs have a sound signature; does hi-res sound better than the standard-res equivalent. Might be interesting.

I guess this info could be public (might trigger discussions, tagging individuals for follow-up discussion/questions) or private, just to get some stats. Maybe it could be handled as part of each user's profile, and users nudged to keep it up to date occasionally. I see polls from time to time but having a canonical one somewhere might allow the gathering or more - and more accurate - info.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I too would be curious to see a snapshot of the ASR demographic. While we are here, is there any way to post more than one poll within a single thread? A thread with multiple polls might be a good way to quickly accumulate a lot of data.

staticV3

Master Contributor

Top Bottom