• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
How did you come across our very Soviet Cheburashka?
Lived in Latvia and Uzbekistan in the late 90s. When creating my hotmail account in 1997 cheburashka was taken, but čeburaška was free, so I’ve been in Latvian ever since.

So where are you now?
My tiny village is secret ;) but I live in beautiful South Gloucestershire, between Pennsylvania and Dunkirk (honestly).

Last edited:

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Ok, so we have two “Africa” votes, but no comments. Don’t be shy!
I used to live in Bénin ten years ago, which would have made me the unique visitor from that country, per Amir’s map. Now I’m just one in a crowd in the U.K.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Looking through this thread what strikes me is the internationalism of the members - not just where they are from, but where they have lived and worked. I think it is one of the reason's I've always felt ASR to be a very comfortable place.

For myself I've lived and worked in the north of England, London, and California, and had work stints in Mexico, Jamaica and Haiti.

My wife has Spanish parents, but was born and grew up in Paris, France. My daughter speaks seven languages and is currently at university in Russia.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking through this thread what strikes me is the internationalism of the members - not just where they are from, but where they have lived and worked. I think it is one of the reason's I've always felt ASR to be a very comfortable place.

For myself I've lived and worked in the north of England, London, and California, and had work stints in Mexico, Jamaica and Haiti.

My wife has Spanish parents, but was born and grew up in Paris, France. My daughter speaks seven languages and is currently at university in Russia.

That's cool!

Similar story here: Living in Norway, no plans of moving again, as I've moved enough in my life. Born in Norway, spent parts of my childhood in the Middle East because my parents worked there for a Norwegian NGO. Studied and worked in Sweden, France and Germany. The wife is from North Africa, met her when I lived in Paris. I speak five languages fairly well, and can understand a couple more with some effort. But my current traveling gets restricted because I have mainly stopped flying for climate reasons. Looking forward to explore more of Europe by train in the years to come. Might be cool to meet up with fellow European ASR members on those occasions if I get the chance.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Couldn't agree more. And this is one of the reason I feel more confident with my written English.:)
Might be cool to meet up with fellow European ASR members on those occasions if I get the chance.
Sounds like a good plan!:cool: Maybe, someday, ASR will have its own "Canjam"...
Ok, so we have two “Africa” votes, but no comments. Don’t be shy!
Sure!
Also, a bit surprised by the few votes from South America.:confused:

Last edited:

Ceburaska

Forum Donor

blackmetalboon

UK based. Born, bred and still living in the (occasionally) sunny seaside city of Brighton on the English south coast.

This video is nothing to do with me, but here is a glimpse of Brighton....

From reading nomadic and adventurous comments in this thread I guess I’ve lead a sheltered & unexciting life, something I was contemplating last week whilst sitting in my workshop, then a man with a jetpack flew past the window.

I think I happy where I am.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
UK based. Born, bred and still living in the (occasionally) sunny seaside city of Brighton on the English south coast.
I spent two summers in Brighton back in 1970s. Thanks for posting that video. While some things have changed, others seemed the same, bringing fond memories.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Fly to Ukraine on monday.
Then UK, probably, next month.
Also north Germany probably.
May be in Brazil somewhere in jan or Feb..
When I was at the height of my travelling days working for Sony, in span of one week I went completely around the world! Flew from san francisco Italy, then Japan, then back home! Worst jetlag every. Kept jumping time zones back and forth when I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom