• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

3dbinCanada

Born in the Maritimes (New Brunswick) Canada and residing in Ottawa Ontario Canada for the last 34 years. Its home to the NRC where Dr Floyd Toole began his research into speakers and audio.

Foulchet

Wow I really thought that the forum was mostly visited by United States citizen, Europe being first is a surprise.
I am personally from Paris (suburbs) even if I live sometimes in the Alps depending on the weather (I cannot bear high temperature, even moderate).

Blaspheme

Europeans still dominate. Are there more objective audio people in Europe than in America?
Europeans still believe in voting for the most part? People from the USA maybe forgot, but are just getting re-acquainted. Ditto rationalism. :)

People report bigger crowds at Hi-Fi shows across Europe these days, so maybe interest in this forum is not so surprising.

MCH

Major Contributor
People's Republic of Yorkshire.

Originally York, but now Huddersfield.
Spent a few months in Huddersfield in the early 00s as student at the ICI site (then Avecia). Very good memories. My first exposure to the "drink and fight" way of (night)life. :D

dfuller

Major Contributor
Juuuust outside of Boston here.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Music City, Tennessee

Ordin Aryguy

My wife and I have thrown out the anchor here at the edge of the Blue Ridge mountains here in South Carolina.
The route here included multi-decade stops along the way in South Florida and the Fingerlakes region of NY.

The locals here call folks like us halfbacks. The term is used to describe northerners that have moved south (typically to Florida), became disenchanted with Florida, and then moved halfway back north. In the case of my wife and I we did it in reverse, starting South, moving North, and now halfway back to the starting point.

When asked where I'm from, my response is always the same, "Which time?" ;)

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Being a military brat, I lived in a great many places. The day after I retired, we moved from P.G. county Maryland to the Piedmont of North Carolina. Milder winters, summers not hot, air cleaner, and the big thing, when folks wave to you on the street, they use all five fingers, not one. Further South gets too hot. Further West, too many tornados. North, winters get harder. Could not live in California as I think you have to have a lobotomy when you cross the costal range.

I did enjoy Boulder Colorado back in the 70's, but it changed. Climate was better for the young and too many people moved in.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Being a military brat, I lived in a great many places. The day after I retired, we moved from P.G. county Maryland to the Piedmont of North Carolina. Milder winters, summers not hot, air cleaner, and the big thing, when folks wave to you on the street, they use all five fingers, not one. Further South gets too hot. Further West, too many tornados. North, winters get harder. Could not live in California as I think you have to have a lobotomy when you cross the costal range.

I did enjoy Boulder Colorado back in the 70's, but it changed. Climate was better for the young and too many people moved in.

I had a coworker who was born in Boulder; his family has been there "forever" (homesteaded, I think). His dad once said something like "Used to be a great place; now, it's 30 square miles surrounded by reality." :)

killdozzer

Major Contributor
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Over half from Europe (well, those who took the poll). This is me (blue and yellow letters)

Country.jpg

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
When last in Berkley, I actually did see a guy in a foil hat with a sign about the end of the world. Makes you wonder how many Nobel Prizes might have been inspired by alternative realities. They way they are going, they will need the new Federal funds to make new roads on campus so they have enough to name after Nobel Laurates.

Katji

Major Contributor
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Over half from Europe (well, those who took the poll). This is me (blue and yellow letters)

View attachment 166396
:)
Nice.
Map looks like what we did at school with felt-tip pens. (Thick black lines.) Now I'm wondering if BiH has a few km of coast, like Slovenia...I must check google...and...

yeh, the poll, the thread needs to be...linked in the intro thread, so more new members see it.

Katji

Major Contributor
:oops: ...I did not know Croatia has 1000 islands. ...Not visible on the map until you zoom in, more and more...not all can fit on the screen. ...wow.

1637249759136.png

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way, for anyone else reading, he means the Canadian London, in Ontario.

You know, the real one. :)
Yeah, I'm in London ON; have lived here 17 years. Previously in Regina SK for 12 years, Toronto ON for 23 years, before that, born and lived in Montreal QC the thru university.

Katji

Major Contributor
less than half as much, but yes, it does
whoops! I forgot to look at it when I was looking at Croatia coast, Killdozzer's island. ...I'll re-open the tab now...

[PS] Got it. Approx. 9-10 km. Drive through it if driving from Dubrovnik.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
After 60 years of living and working in Chicago, I retired and moved to Central Florida, about 20 miles southwest of Orlando.
Don't know WTF I waited so long for, I could have gotten a job here at any time.
After 11 years here, there's not enough money in the world that could get me to move back to the colder northern climates.
Year round temps are just about perfect for me here though most years I find them a little too cold Dec - Feb

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^ If I were going to move to the USA, it would need to be Miami. I can't handle feeling cold, and I'm used to humidity. ...I used to think it was horrible, back in the day, but it gradually stopped bothering me.
Feeling the cold...I think my blood circulation is not so good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom