• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1623933565436.png

JEarle

Forum Donor
Born in Essex, UK. Lived in Prague CZ in my early 20’s for some work and lots of partying, met an American. Married that American. Moved to Minneapolis MN, then moved to Milwaukee WI for work, now back in Minneapolis.

We are lucky to have the house, kid & dog American dream. Never plan on moving back to the UK, ever.

Capitol C

Curiously large number of Europeans here! Interesting, I assumed it was (still) NA-dominated. Or may it have to do with time zones, the Americans might not be online now?
Europeans still dominate. Are there more objective audio people in Europe than in America?

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^ "Who knows?" "Measurements don't show the whole picture."

...And the survey sample is only those members who participated, and it is quite a small proportion of the total number of members.

roog

Forum Donor
I am from the UK, we are technically no longer part of Europe, it's just that we seem to be too small to have our own box to tick in the poll.
I am not sure who would be most offended by my actions, UK types for having to tick 'Europe' or Europeans who haven't liked us much for a fair time and certainly don't now! :0)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am from the UK, we are technically no longer part of Europe, it's just that we seem to be too small to have our own box to tick in the poll.
I am not sure who would be most offended by my actions, UK types for having to tick 'Europe' or Europeans who haven't liked us much for a fair time and certainly don't now! :0)
Technically the UK is still part of the Europe continent, though not anymore part of the subset of its countries called European Union.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
The survey/poll categories are geographical / continental regions. Britain is part of Europe and British are genetically European anyway. Technically. Regardless of any poliical arrangements.

Sure they are broad and extensive categories. Consider Asia.

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
Hmm wonder whether there are enough of us from Oceania to have our own deals (or maybe even classifieds) thread...irksome to see Denons, Elacs and Focals etc available in US & EU for a fraction of the Australian/NZ retail prices, and our main local hi-fi classifieds site is very er... unfocused.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm wonder whether there are enough of us from Oceania to have our own deals (or maybe even classifieds) thread...irksome to see Denons, Elacs and Focals etc available in US & EU for a fraction of the Australian/NZ retail prices, and our main local hi-fi classifieds site is very er... unfocused.
During my time in the atoll's of the Indian Ocean (2002-2003) & Saipan (2003-2018) any good quality audio gear was seemingly made out of unobtanium. At least in Saipan I was able to have several hundred LBS. of audio equipment shipped to me. I sold some of the lesser equipment there (which was far superior to anything available there) and shipped the rest to where I am at the moment (James Island, SC USA).

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
During my time in the atoll's of the Indian Ocean (2002-2003) & Saipan (2003-2018) any good quality audio gear was seemingly made out of unobtanium. At least in Saipan I was able to have several hundred LBS. of audio equipment shipped to me. I sold some of the lesser equipment there (which was far superior to anything available there) and shipped the rest to where I am at the moment (James Island, SC USA).

Thanks for the perspective. Should count myself lucky then - at least we have a good range, even if it's pricey! We even have quite a few decent local speaker mfrs.

carewser

Thanks for the perspective. Should count myself lucky then - at least we have a good range, even if it's pricey! We even have quite a few decent local speaker mfrs.

Really? Because Australia and New Zealand combined are close to the population of Canada and i've never heard of a speaker manufacturer from either country but I can come up with a list of renowned Canadian speaker companies

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
Really? Because Australia and New Zealand combined are close to the population of Canada and i've never heard of a speaker manufacturer from either country but I can come up with a list of renowned Canadian speaker companies

They tend not to distribute outside Oceania, other than the biggest of them, like Krix. There’s some good stuff here though - check out SGR for example.

Others listed on local forum here.

Katji

Major Contributor
North America population is amazingly high.

But what about South America? ...I need to look. ...Like Brazil pop. > Argentina + Chile + Colombia + ...? ...I suppose Mexico is next highest after Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom