• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
3rd Stone from a category G star; out on a spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy

Lovely sunsets there!

Katji

Major Contributor
# Please add your "vote", help make the data more accurate.

Trif

:facepalm: North Dakota. "Visit us last."

Which just shows how out of touch they are here. There's no "destination" in ND. The only tourists we see are passing through to somewhere else. :confused:
Sadly, there are no hifi stores here either, save for Best Buy.

I'm not so surprised to see larger numbers of support for Science outside the USA.

carewser

Even though i've been here a while I just noticed this thread now so i'm a little late to the party

As you can see in my posts, I not only live in Victoria BC but i'm from here as was my dad and I believe his dad was too so my roots here go way back. Victoria is a beautiful city of ~400,000 people in the metro area on the southern tip of Vancouver Island which is known for very mild weather (especially for Canada as we rarely get snow here) and tourism as shown by the unusually large number of hotels. It's also a popular spot for cruise ships to stop on their way to/from Alaska

I'm 54 years old and I first got into audio almost 40 years ago while I was a teenager at boarding school. I can't explain how/why I got into it, I just did which is kind of weird because neither of my parents were into it at all, in fact they only had a passing interest in music of any kind. By my early 20's the audio bug had fully infected me but I couldn't afford anything high-end but I spent what little I had on gear by Pioneer, Sherwood, Technics, JVC, Fisher, Yamaha, etc....and then I recovered and stayed healthy for 20 years. I got re-infected by the audio bug by of all companies, Logitech. It all started about 9 years ago by my wanting more bass/volume from my built in computer speakers (not exactly a hard thing to achieve) so I went to Walmart and bought a cheap pair ($40) of 2.1 speakers by Logitech and was amazed at how deep the bass was for such a cheap little set of speakers (although they didn't play loud) but after ~3 years they died so I went looking for a replacement set but this time I didn't fuck around I went straight to their TOTL set as I got a screaming deal on them ($120 at the time) and that's when the infection really started to grow and I started getting into computer speakers. Since then i've bought new and used speakers from M-Audio, Klipsch, Acoustic Authority, Corsair, Edifier, Audioengine, Logitech and Kanto and I still own them all and have almost all them all hooked up for which i've been soundly ridiculed on reddit for, after posting pictures of all of them. I don't consider myself an audiophile though for the simple reason that I almost never just sit and listen to music, i'm almost always doing something else while listening and i've always been a rock fan which isn't exactly the clearest most undistorted music around

The poll results about where we're from really surprised me as almost half the people here are from Europe which I never would have guessed, I would have thought the vast majority would be from North America but there are clearly more Europeans here than us North Americans

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am from the land of classical physics, chemistry and biology.

Anthony101

Gibraltar.

Gibraltar.jpg

sailor2005

Puerto Rico, which according to some expert opinion ...

"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water."

"This is an island sitting in the middle of an ocean. It's a big ocean, it's a very big ocean."

try to guess who said it

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
...I bet it's Trump...?
Whoever said it wanted people who haven't been on or in the oceans (most people) to understand. It still did not explain where it is (an ocean?). Many in the USA are geographically deficient but USA East Coasters would likely know which ocean it was in, had it been stated. (I was conceived in the southern USA but born in Salzburg, Austria and I have family and friends in many countries [which I know where they are, how to get there and have likely visited them].

sailor2005

Whoever said it wanted people who haven't been on or in the oceans (most people) to understand. It still did not explain where it is (an ocean?). Many in the USA are geographically deficient but USA East Coasters would likely know which ocean it was in, had it been stated. (I was conceived in the southern USA but born in Salzburg, Austria and I have family and friends in many countries [which I know where they are, how to get there and have likely visited them].
Just Google the quotes and you will see the context.... :)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
No politics please and thank you. I know we are discussing where we are from so I will give extra wiggle room here. But please step back from the ledge! I would hate to be forced to push you off! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom