• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm afraid. Age+respiratory. I hadn't thought much about variants/mutating, but this mutation that makes it more infectious was bad news. And now flights stopped again, just when it seemed I would go to Israel to get vaccination.
...The son-in-law and daughter, that's cause for concern too.
No spring chicken myself. I try to stay away from most people, apart from keeping in contact with my children (one daughter in high school, one daughter studying Maths in Nancy, France, four married) and grandchildren (11 of them, ages 18 - 3 months). That in itself is a risk, but until now, I’ve always tested negative (Luxembourg has a comprehensive testing programme, I get tested about once a month for free). I’d like to stay alive a lot longer. Do crazy things, like buying a house in Balgowan or Mooi River and walk the peaks. The type of stuff that get shelved when push comes to shove, but one can dream...

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
No spring chicken myself. I try to stay away from most people, apart from keeping in contact with my children (one daughter in high school, one daughter studying Maths in Nancy, France...

When visiting Nancy a few years ago, I was surprised that the entire Blondlot N-Ray story was wiped from institutional memory.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
When visiting Nancy a few years ago, I was surprised that the entire Blondlot N-Ray story was wiped from institutional memory.
Ah, the halcyon days of French-German rivalry. I’m not overly amazed to hear that they don’t dwell on failures, though of course cautionary tales are more effective when they happen close to home. But to paraphrase Hegel: “We learn from history that we learn nothing from history.” The Place Stanislas is quite pretty, don’t you agree? Though Polish king Stanislas, who gave his name to the square and to Nancy’s controversial STAN-way wasn’t exactly a success story (and the subject of Verdi’s “Un giorno di regno”), I don’t expect a renaming of the Place Stanislas any time soon ;).

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))
Alright folks. ASR is getting bigger and bigger. We are now three times as many:

Screenshot_20210317-231859.png

And the (long awaited) YT channel just passed 10K subscribers!

Screenshot_20210317-231837_2.png

On the weird part, tho: For the first time in a while, the traffic is dropping:

Capture d’écran (392).png

I wonder if that may be related to the publishing of YT videos...

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Alright folks. ASR is getting bigger and bigger. We are now three times as many:

View attachment 118795

And the (long awaited) YT channel just passed 10K subscribers!

View attachment 118796

On the weird part, tho: For the first time in a while, the traffic is dropping:

View attachment 118797

I wonder if that may be related to the publishing of YT videos...
Could be we are at a stage with pandemic where people are spending a little more time with those closeby... could be seasonal. I am nno sure how seasonality effects internet activity.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or on the contrary or rather +1 ...
Fed-up with this pandemic and thriving to go out and meet friends at last (respecting the social distance of course),

Or ... spending time listening to music at last ;)

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
On the weird part, tho: For the first time in a while, the traffic is dropping

I think it's obvious as to why: Amir no longer does humorous requests for donations, and that's really the main -- if not only -- reason people visit ASR. /sarcasm

For example: Amir's Revel C208 review (from 2021-03-13):

1616025364100.png

Compare that to Amir's Sabaj D5 review (from 2019-08-09):

1616025392141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom