• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Screenshot_2020-09-12-13-13-06-170_com.android.chrome.jpg

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is complicated. I was born in Buenos Aires. My dad was born in Wilno, then Poland now Vilnius, Lithuania. The family name is Lithuanian but he called himself a Pole. Mom was born in BA too. Both her parents were English. She lives in Salamander Bay, Australia. I lived in Philadelphia, New Jersey and now the Santa Monica Mountains in Southern California.
Thus, I am a true mutt.
I hear you... I like to call myself citizen of the world. Political borders are artificial...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So, Europe and North America for the large part. Question from this ignoramus- I would guess the bulk of those are english speakers or prepared to accept the trials of translation software.

But we know large parts of Asia are big into Hi-fi- so, is there an Asian based ASR equivalent(s) for those folks that aren't english speakers or happy to translate?

SineWave

This is complicated. I was born in Buenos Aires. My dad was born in Wilno, then Poland now Vilnius, Lithuania. The family name is Lithuanian but he called himself a Pole. Mom was born in BA too. Both her parents were English. She lives in Salamander Bay, Australia. I lived in Philadelphia, New Jersey and now the Santa Monica Mountains in Southern California.
Thus, I am a true mutt.

funny, my parents are from Poland, I was born in NY, then moved to PA, then NJ and now in CA. Are we related? lol

[QUOTE = "Harmonie, post: 532645, member: 16438"] Era il carattere più grande : rolleyes:[/ QUOTE]

i used iphone emoticon

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
funny, my parents are from Poland, I was born in NY, then moved to PA, then NJ and now in CA. Are we related? lol

It depends when your parents came to the US. My dad fought in WW-II in General Anders Army. He "left" Poland in '39. After the war, he couldn't get back, unless you like getting shot. He only was able to visit decades later.

Willem

Major Contributor
If there is one thing that strikes me, it is that on the one hand people come from many different countries (this is a really international forum), but also that many have lived in quite a few different countries. Sometimes this is emigration in ways that we have known for centuries, but at other times it is just moving from one country to another, without any assumption that this would be forever, just like in the old days one would move from one city to another. I am one of them, and I really think this is one of the things that defines modern society at its cutting edge.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
90 miles West of the rat race they call Chicago.
Homeless until I found ASR.
If there is one thing that strikes me, it is that on the one hand people come from many different countries (this is a really international forum), but also that many have lived in quite a few different countries. Sometimes this is emigration in ways that we have known for centuries, but at other times it is just moving from one country to another, without any assumption that this would be forever, just like in the old days one would move from one city to another. I am one of them, and I really think this is one of the things that defines modern society at its cutting edge.
Agree! My road so far: Chicago-London-Warsaw-Amsterdam-San Francisco-Sydney-Chicago-Plotting the next crime scene.

Top Bottom