• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DChenery

Forum Donor
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

1589173710836.png

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So where are you now?

I wanted to ask the same thing. Cause its either Russia or a village in a quaint part of England with very small populace.

Reactions: PSO

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Bump. I wonder if the composition has changed since the last time this thread was active.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How rude !

Any more of that and we will send over prince Philip to sort you all out.

He's not well, bless him. No more jaunts to the colonies for Phil.

Reactions: PSO

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 38982

ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))

I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the forum has got an international reputation in the audio world.

For now, I'm just curious to know a bit about the cartography of where the members are from (or actually located, for what matters). Some people tends to move a lot, so I let two possible choices. Of course, there is too many possible countries to list, that's why I simplified this poll to the choice of continents.

PS: For my part: Paris area, France, EU.

Only Europe escapes the "baby poo" ASR colour scheme. Hurrah!

Manchester, England for me. I suppose no longer part of Europe.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))
Fascinating snapshot from November when this post was made. We are now at 12,000+ members! :)

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fascinating snapshot from November when this post was made. We are now at 12,000+ members! :)
Yep. It growing up almost "exponentially"!:cool:
To me, the most important step was the 10K members in early April:
And... that's it. We're all living so difficult times that I didn't even notice it happened.

View attachment 57144

...ASR finally reached 10,000 members !

Plaudits to @amirm for his outstanding work !! Congrats to all folks contributing here everyday !! Long live ASR ! :)

Keep safe, folks !

(Well, that's a lot of exclamation marks)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The UK will always be part of Europe just leaving the EU.
We'll be re-joining in due course IMO.

I shan't be moving from Oxfordshire since I have 6 grandchildren within walking distance, though not allowed just now.

I was being a little facetious obviously. I hope you are right.

Separation of my lad from his grandparents has been one of the hardest things for him and them! We had a socially distanced bbq in their garden a few weeks ago. Lets hope for a good summer (poor start)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Pretty impressive!

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also impressive and a bit unexpected that Europe still dominates (at least according to this poll).
Maybe because of this? :)
download (1).jpeg

Last edited:

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was being a little facetious obviously. I hope you are right.
IMO there will be no choice.
Not trading closely with 500 million of the wealthiest people on earth 21 miles from our coast never made any sense and you had to be specially dim to imagine getting a better trade deal as a non member than as a member.
Trading closely with anywhere else makes no sense mainly for distance reasons but also completely incompatible product standards.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
I wanted to ask the same thing. Cause its either Russia or a village in a quaint part of England with very small populace.
About 300 people in the very quaint, beautiful Cotswolds.
I picked up my Cheburashkas in Latvia.:)

Trdat

Forum Donor
About 300 people in the very quaint, beautiful Cotswolds.
I picked up my Cheburashkas in Latvia.:)

I just googled Cotswolds stunningly beautiful place, I am big fan of British crime drama and I am obsessed with these idyllic settings and villages.

My wife puts the Cheberuska cartoons for my son in Armenia, Russian/Soviet Cartoons are still admired.

Burning Sounds

IMO there will be no choice.
Not trading closely with 500 million of the wealthiest people on earth 21 miles from our coast never made any sense and you had to be specially dim to imagine getting a better trade deal as a non member than as a member.
Trading closely with anywhere else makes no sense mainly for distance reasons but also completely incompatible product standards.

I do hope you are right - but thanks to my Irish grandfather I was given Irish citizenship earlier this year - so still an EU citizen as well as European!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
467 voters - 12,000 members - what's wrong with this picture?

we need Amir or Thomas to post THEIR data on where everyone is from OR make this thread a lot more important to everyone who has not voted

I hoe he doesnt have my search history.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom