• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Is your Topping PA5 amp defective?

• Yes

Votes: 123 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 123 50.0%

• Total voters

jevchance

My package was sent today. Shipping via USPS cheapest option was $78. Wish me luck!

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's interesting, Shenzenaudio (Cloris) advised me to declare it at $100 as returned goods and they would be sending me a brand new replacement plus shipping charges refunded. Can't ask for more from the dealership. Sorry to hear about your experiences :(
Thanks for this.

My PA5 is now with Shenzhen who insist they will get it repaired by Topping. I'm dealing with Cloris and another person there - they do seem to be trying.
I quoted your post and now they've agreed to refund my postal cost (£23 GBP from UK)

xaxxon

My PA5 failed today. Got it in april - so it lasted 4 months.

When turned on, if you hold the amp up to your ear, it clicks about 4-5 times per second.

Warranty is "mail it to china" from the amazon seller I got it from. Should have bought it from apos.

terrys999

When turned on, if you hold the amp up to your ear, it clicks about 4-5 times per second.

Warranty is "mail it to china" from the amazon seller I got it from. Should have bought it from apos.
That sounds like a relay. Sorry you have to go through this.
Perhaps they will fix the issues in updated unit. Have to admit I miss mine, maybe I might buy pa5 v 2.
Iam a glutton for punishment.

Slotenpiloot

Cant you take it up with amazon? In my opinion it should be the sellers issue, not yours.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Received my brand new replacement today, a little bit concerned about leaving it on all the time as my critical listening is limited to few hours per week :(. For TV and home cinema I shall stick with Marantz AVR.

jevchance

Cant you take it up with amazon? In my opinion it should be the sellers issue, not yours.
FWIW, if it's sold by XXX and fulfilled by Amazon, then XXX is responsible for returns after the initial 30 day return window. It appears there are a few sellers who sell through Amazon, but Amazon itself is not selling this device, just fulfilling it.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
FWIW, if it's sold by XXX and fulfilled by Amazon, then XXX is responsible for returns after the initial 30 day return window. It appears there are a few sellers who sell through Amazon, but Amazon itself is not selling this device, just fulfilling it.
Correct - but generally amazon have requirments on resellers on how they support. And "return it to china" doesn't generally hack it (at least in UK) They will refund you and get the money back from the reseller over here if support is inadequate.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@jevchance. jevchance, I don't think anyone suggests leaving the amp turned on all the time- only to leave the power brick plugged in 24/7 and turn the amp on and off with the toggle switch.

jevchance

@jevchance. jevchance, I don't think anyone suggests leaving the amp turned on all the time- only to leave the power brick plugged in 24/7 and turn the amp on and off with the toggle switch.
I didn't say anything about the power switch, perhaps you are replying to the wrong person?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You said got were concerned about "leaving it on all the time".

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sound86

I just received my PA5 from Amazon WHD. Like you might have expected it was faulty and Amazon just returned it into circulation :facepalm:

Moto

Well after 8 months I now have white noise in one channel. I bought mine from Amazon and the seller was Hifigo. If they will not deal with it is there a current “best practice” in going directly back to Topping? I am in the US.
Thx for any help.

jevchance

Well after 8 months I now have white noise in one channel. I bought mine from Amazon and the seller was Hifigo. If they will not deal with it is there a current “best practice” in going directly back to Topping? I am in the US.
Thx for any help.
I contacted Topping initially. I sent them some videos. Their response was "Yup, it's broken. Contact your dealer for service." So, I had to contact the seller through Amazon. I recently sent the package and I'm waiting for them to confirm they received it.

You will likely have to go through the same process.

Top Bottom