• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

POLL: For streaming, should I even use the Modius? Or HifiBerry good enough?

Which streaming configuration should I use?

• Option 1: Just HiFiBerry DAC2 HD

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Option 2: Raspberry Pi + Schiit Modius

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Firefly00

Yup- my dream is a $300 box which takes chromecast, Tidal and Spotify Connect (and USB) in, built in 10+ band PEQ and other "normal" DSP , controlled via an app and both analog and digital outputs.

I'd pay £250 for a purely digital version.
47CB3CBC-C733-433A-A298-9F90B89CEBDE.jpeg

Top is Raspberry Pi Zero W running Moode. It has Roonbridge, Spotify connect, Airplay, and bluetooth, + a 12 band PEQ and 10 band GEQ…it costs $10. It is only missing chrome cast from that list. You can get a USB in port if you use a Pi 4 B+ which has four USB ports. The Pi4 can also run CamillaDSP.

and it has a web app interface!

Bottom is a stupid contraption of adapters to convert micro usb to usb C for the Apple dongle

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 173280
Top is Raspberry Pi Zero W running Moode. It has Roonbridge, Spotify connect, Airplay, and bluetooth, + a 12 band PEQ and 10 band GEQ…it costs $10. It is only missing chrome cast from that list. You can get a USB in port if you use a Pi 4 B+ which has four USB ports. The Pi4 can also run CamillaDSP.

Bottom is a stupid contraption of adapters to convert micro usb to usb C for the Apple dongle
Does it do tidal connect?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
sorry, I don’t really know how tidal works! It claims “tidal and Qobuz access by UPnP” if that’s Tidal Connect, then yes.
Who knows. I might look into one to mess with though. Thanks!

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMO fewer boxes and less clutter is always the right option, unless adding another box adds a function (different source, bass management, EQ, etc.).

Good enough specs to slightly better specs isn’t a function.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
IMO fewer boxes and less clutter is always the right option, unless adding another box adds a function (different source, bass management, EQ, etc.).

Good enough specs to slightly better specs isn’t a function.

In fairness, the Modius would allow for different digital sources to be switched.

CRKebschull

Forum Donor
View attachment 173280

Can Moode work with an official Pi 7" display?

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hook up one, listen for awhile. Hook up the other. Listen. See if you enjoy one more than the other. How they sound is a small part of this experiment.

Top Bottom