• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: do you use EQ/DSP, and if so what kind of system is it used on.

Do you use EQ or DSP in your system.

• Yes

Votes: 120 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.9%

• Total voters

srsxmi

Forum Donor
No - I never use it.
I try to ensure my speakers suit the room.
The problem is, I have tons of music, and some tracks need more/less bass and some need more/less treble or other room-relevant adjustments.
So, I go for a happy medium, and listen contentedly rather than fiddle all the time - those people are more interested in listening to the HiFi than listening to the music!

I do however have a support request/ improvent idea out with Cambridge Audio for my modest Mid-Fi Evo 75, which is to allow tone control preferences to be set and "pinned" for each of - headphones or speaker outputs. Not hard to follow what I'm asking for. This is because all headphones I've tried (dozens), except IEMs, are always too bright. I blame Harman - it's just wrong!
Translating the request/improvement idea: sounds like you want to have equalizations for a variety of HPs and speakers built into your Evo 75.

tvih

System setup is as per signature. Using the EQ to correct room problems, which are plentiful especially in the bass region in this concrete box - using a sub was impossible prior to getting the measurement mic and EQ, which is why I'm hitting myself daily for not getting the mic 10 years ago like I intended to, instead of this year.

"Subjective preference" plays a part to the extent that I'm EQ:ing roughly according to an Harman curve of sorts, so there's roughly a +5 dB low shelf filter and minor treble damping. Works great for me!

Indy

I use EQ and dsp on my speakers and sub. Makes a big difference in sound quality.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
3-way active system here. The crossover and EQ is handled by an RCF DX-2006.

Top Bottom