• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: active or passive?

What kind of crossover technology do you use?

• Total voters

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Title says it all, just a fun poll to know the community better. I'm talking about the crossover type, by the way, so if you bi-amp a pair of JBL 708i with your Crown amp, it counts as "digital active".

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
2 systems here, both passive turned active through digital Xover + multi(external) amp.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use all methods, including no crossover!

My main system uses a digital DSP based crossover (DCX2496)
My rears use analogue active crossovers (Genelec 1029A)
My study/office system is passive (JR149)
My workshop system has no crossover (Car radio 'speakers)

As they used to say....crazy mixed up kid.......

S

wwenze

Major Contributor
I'm using active speaker with DSP crossover so that counts as digital active? Or only DIY solutions are allowed?

Costas EAR

Forum Donor
Well, from my av processor it is digital active, and inside my active speakers it's analogue active.
I voted for digital.

k3nb5t

Forum Donor
I voted for multiple systems. Currently, I am using digital active in one and passive analog in the other. That said, I'm pretty sold on the digital active path. The JBL 708P's I'm using in my computer setup are really impressive. I've been slowly plotting an update to my passive system, and I plan on going the digital active route there as well.

EDIT: grammar fail

Top Bottom