• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have ordered a pair of the new R200AE speakers. Mainly being a collectors edition and being an old Polkie from way back.

Fairly substantial improvement made in the crossover parts so keen to hear them.
They caught my eye, I'll be interested in how you like them...

enioentity

the price is double of regular r200. r200 price was 750 euros(probably 750 dollars in america) in europe without discounts. this new ones are 1600+ dollars. it is a different speaker at this point, should've been named r250ae or something

Triliza

Forum Donor
I have ordered a pair of the new R200AE speakers. Mainly being a collectors edition and being an old Polkie from way back.

Fairly substantial improvement made in the crossover parts so keen to hear them.
That sharp spike like thing on the tweeter is a great idea to keep the kids from poking the damn thing. They should put things like that all over the front of the speaker
o_O

tw 2022

That sharp spike like thing on the tweeter is a great idea to keep the kids from poking the damn thing. They should put things like that all over the front of the speaker
o_O
don't count on it:)

tw 2022

the price is double of regular r200. r200 price was 750 euros(probably 750 dollars in america) in europe without discounts. this new ones are 1600+ dollars. it is a different speaker at this point, should've been named r250ae or something
the difference is less in the US..maybe they wanted an anniversary edition of something popular(only 1000 made / with designer signature)..i'm guessing it will have a second run at lower prices....

Putter

Forum Donor
You have to hit the translate button but this is the first comparison to the std R200 ive seen so far.

It's the usual florid subjective non blind comparison. It does give info on the upgrades, air core inductors instead of iron core, better quality resistors and extra weight apparently for extra bracing. It's unclear if this gives noticeably better sound although the reviewer certainly thinks it does.

Braddles

It's the usual florid subjective non blind comparison. It does give info on the upgrades, air core inductors instead of iron core, better quality resistors and extra weight apparently for extra bracing. It's unclear if this gives noticeably better sound although the reviewer certainly thinks it does.
Agree on your first point but like i said its only one i found so far. From what ive also seen the bracing is unchanged from the std R200. But i stand to be corrected on that too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-18 143208.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-18 143208.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 215

tw 2022

H-RYCAJ

The L200 are on sale for 1200 USD, cheaper than the 200AE. Why did they release this speaker so close to boxing day?

Phidel

Are these speakers better than the DBR62 for varied use (music, TV, games)?

tw 2022

Are these speakers better than the DBR62 for varied use (music, TV, games)?
"better" is subjective..objectively they probably have a few more positive traits, but it's gonna come down to your ears... the elacs are probably a bit easier on the ears, the polks probably have a slight edge in clarity.. ymmv

eugene9000

I have also been considering DBR62 and went for R200.
Now impressions having them for few months already:
I was impressed with how big they sound. I have had Klipsch Forte 2 in Ukraine for last years, where I left them due to war. Of course R200 are not Forte in bass department, but they are doing much better than I expected. Last bookshelf speakers I had were Monitor Audio BR2, which were ok for 200$, but nothing more. R200 are very nice speakers and I do not think I will be replacing them in nearest future. Of course there are no miracles and 6,5" woofer can't play as good and as low as 10-12" but for moderate volume levels they do very good.

AudioScience Enthusiast

A quick question about the Reserve R200.

Would it be a waste of their potential if I use them for Rear Surround Channels in my Atmos 5.1.4 setup?

I currently have the Reserve R100s as Rear Surround Channels so by replacing them with R200s, I can take the R100s to the office for desktop use, paired with my new NAD M10 V2.

Another big reason of wanting to get the R200 is to stop the R900 Atmost Height Speakers from sitting partially on top of the R100 right now (see photo). The longer depth of the R200 would hold the R900s nicely and completely.

1676063897920.png

Top Bottom