• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

Rossi

I think what complicates it, Polks product pages online are not easily browsed as with most speaker manufacturers. They randomly display "lines" of speakers, but fail to actually accurately describe what their "Place" in the line up is.

Reading from above I now get the Signature Elite line up is a slightly revised box and crossover of the Signature line. But Polk does not make it clear, whether one is older/newer or Good/ better or one is replacing the other or whether they co-exist currently.

I feel after browsing, more confused by THEIR site....lol
Polk Signature Elite Review, ES60 In this video the ES60 is compared with the S60. Polk seems to have done the same modifications to the complete series. So the comments about the S60 vs ES60 also seem to apply to the comparison S15 - ES15, S20 - ES20 etcetera........ The crossover appears to be the only thing they modified.

plusforce

Forum Donor
Is it safe to say the S20 is the same as good or even better than the S15 ? or because it hasn't been tested it can be very different?

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it safe to say the S20 is the same as good or even better than the S15 ? or because it hasn't been tested it can be very different?
It's probably more similar than it is different, but then again, even though the tweeter and crossover point are the same, the S20 has a larger driver and larger enclosure, so hard to say for sure.

plusforce

Forum Donor
It's probably more similar than it is different, but then again, even though the tweeter and crossover point are the same, the S20 has a larger driver and larger enclosure, so hard to say for sure.
I realized that the s15 was discontinued and replaced by the es15. it has different specs. so I don't think this review is applicable for es15. I was about to pull the trigger and buy the es15 from amazon.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I realized that the s15 was discontinued and replaced by the es15. it has different specs. so I don't think this review is applicable for es15. I was about to pull the trigger and buy the es15 from amazon.
Agreed

ASR has measured and recommends the Polk ES20. ASR highly recommends the ES20 if the suggested parametric equalization can be applied.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Apropos of (almost) nothing -- due to the extreme kindness of a fellow Polk Audio fan on over t' Club Polk, I have a pair of the S20 loudspeakers here. They are very pleasant to listen to if a bit "hifi" sounding. "Hifi" in quotes as opposed to, you know, hifi... somewhat zingy treble (which actually is a good fit for my now-elderly auditory processing system) and a just a wee little bit warm/phat sounding in the midbass.

I find myself using them often for "general purpose" listening (NPR via OTA FM, videoconferences, background music listening).

I was surprised by their large and somewhat squat form factor compared to the R200 (S20 to the left, R200 to the right in photo above). I had hoped to use them with our (seldom used) TV, but they are too large for the space available on top of a large-ish cherry "entertainment center" cabinet.

It would be interesting to compare them to the current "ES" morph.

Last edited:
Top Bottom