• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Polk Audio (part of Sound United) has a Klippel NFS

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Just watched the latest video of the Polk Audio Reserve overview from Sound United and saw that they're using Klippel NFS!! :D
You get an NFS, you get an NFS, everybody gets an NFS!

You can see it at 6min:30sec
1639162620938.png

It's interesting to see how they've added acoustic foams to the robotic arms.
CC'ing @amirm and @hardisj

I guess it goes to show why Polk R100 measured well, when Erin posted the review yesterday.

Discuss!

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just watched the latest video of the Polk Audio Reserve overview from Sound United and saw that they're using Klippel NFS!! :D

You can see it at 6min:30sec
View attachment 171566

CC'ing @amirm and @hardisj

I guess it goes to show why Polk R100 measured well, when Erin posted the review yesterday.

Discuss!
How’s the R200 look?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When I was optimizing my setup, I did add absorbers to different spots. Putting absorbers in the two rails they have, made no difference in that testing. The only major factor was the microphone holder because that is the closest thing to the speaker and hence creates stronger reflections. So I simplified the fixture and added absorption as well.

That said, I do wonder if the reflections are sensitive to speaker type so I may try experimenting more in the future. And at any rate, it doesn't hurt to put them in there.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I wonder how much of a difference that foam actually makes. I haven't added any absorption to my turntable setup because I perhaps ignorantly assumed a 3/4" dowel for holding the microphone wouldn't have much impact.
Because the rails are narrow, reflections that matter will be of high frequency. As such, you don't need much thickness to absorb them (wavelengths are small). But yes, in general those foams are not very good absorbers. I tried different material when I built my absorber and actually wound up with a composite setup around the mic for best results.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Good on Polk. I had a pair of their lsim705’s that I enjoyed a lot.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Notice that they said they got one "recently." It is possible we were ahead of them and created the motivation. :)

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That was the first generation of their ring radiator tweeter, so this Polk Reserve series is the 3rd generation of the tweeter, with the new pinnacle waveguide.
Yeah, tweeter was maybe the weak link in that generation. I’d like to hear the newer stuff.

Transmaniacon

This is awesome to see, I wonder how some of their newer budget speakers perform if they have better measurement tools available.

Doctors11

Ahhh thanks...I was unaware. So what type of equipment would they use from them?

Top Bottom