• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PMC fenestria, new Flagship speaker for the consumer market

Titan01

I agree. Passive loudspeakers are just so much less then optimum, yet audiophiles are so reluctant to abandon their carefully chosen (sighted) amplifiers and cables for something properly integrated.

S.

I agree with your general sentiment that passive speakers are less than optimum, but i would contend that it is also a lack of alternatives that is partially holding people out from switching. I do think that people are more receptive of active speakers now than in the past but there just isn't a lot of options available at all price points. There are a ton of choices in the sub 1k price range (esp. studio monitors) and at the 10k+ you have some excellent options but in between you have the LS50 and ? . I just cant think of anything out there in that arena.

Top Bottom