• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please welcome BDWoody as our new moderator!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey glad to see things are generally okay though a bad moving experience and a beloved pet with health problems aren't fun. Take care of yourself until you get time to slow down and take part here again.

Tks

Major Contributor
I hope the cat is fine @BDWoody

That stupid move though. I think I mentioned once how shit moving is in almost every single case. Sorry to hear yours went extra sideways.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@BDWoody welcome back, we missed your presence.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Just notice @BDWoody is online! Haven't seen you for months. Hope all is well with you and your move.

Thank you! It has been a draining spell, but things are settled enough that I can actually plan to be around and back into the flow. The move from hell and other issues all combined to a perfect storm of WTF, but I was missing the place too much to stay away any longer! I've got a bit more personal capacity back, so happy to use it here in this den of vipers...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
He's still sleeping in the back of his car, but he has got his home coffee roaster set up on a plastic garden table so things can't be too bad.

Priorities...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Can you plug a chromecast audio into it though? And if so, how does it handle the jitter?

You can plug a CCA into anything...I thought everyone knew that.

I only run caffeinated beans, and it handles them just fine. Or do you mean MY jitter after all that coffee? ;)

Actually, my month in the Airbnb was quite OK, other than the sick cat thing I mean. It was a separate apartment and deck in a (huge) home on a few acres belonging to a concert pianist named Virginia Hogan. I got to listen to her rehearse with another pianist for an upcoming performance (on 2 of her Steinways that are downstairs) and just practice in general, which was pretty cool to be honest.

Could have been much worse.

I've still got a pile of shit scattered between a few storage units, but for now I've got things back together and can settle in for a bit.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You can plug a CCA into anything...I thought everyone knew that.

I only run caffeinated beans, and it handles them just fine. Or do you mean MY jitter after all that coffee? ;)

Actually, my month in the Airbnb was quite OK, other than the sick cat thing I mean. It was a separate apartment and deck in a (huge) home on a few acres belonging to a concert pianist named Virginia Hogan. I got to listen to her rehearse with another pianist for an upcoming performance (on 2 of her Steinways that are downstairs) and just practice in general, which was pretty cool to be honest.

Could have been much worse.

I've still got a pile of shit scattered between a few storage units, but for now I've got things back together and can settle in for a bit.

Glad to hear you are in somewhere more permanent!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
The Brazilian pianist? That would be so cool... I am looking forward to when my wife starts playing again.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
The Brazilian pianist? That would be so cool... I am looking forward to my wife starts playing again.

Yes, the very same.

Fascinating lady... Speaks 5 languages, still travels the world for Steinway, and was happy to share some incredible stories from behind the curtain of that world.

She invited me to just enter her studio whenever I heard her (or the two of them) playing...really was pretty special.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
OK I’m confused now? Do you get the sofa and the beanbag and I get the cot, or am I right back to the floor again? Amir really needs to buy some furniture for this basement…

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
She invited me to just enter her studio whenever I heard her (or the two of them) playing...really was pretty special.
I was invited to a Prokofiev recital with my friend playing flute and she was accompanied by piano. It brought a tear to my eye that people could be so talented. Very impressive. :D

Top Bottom