• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please tell me a good compact class D amplifier (+ DAC, 2 in 1) for bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer (2.1 sound)

OP
L

landco

and I.AM.D as is well
I looked at your link. This device again confirms my fears - the Chinese must be afraid. Why is the headphone jack at the back? Why is the headphone output at the same time the subwoofer output? All this means that the Chinese are bad engineers. How can the Chinese compete with Denon? No :(

BillG

Major Contributor
I looked at your link. This device again confirms my fears - the Chinese must be afraid. Why is the headphone jack at the back? Why is the headphone output at the same time the subwoofer output? All this means that the Chinese are bad engineers. How can the Chinese compete with Denon? No :(

Dude! It's an inexpensive device that made design compromises in order to meet a budget! Context matters. It's not poorly engineered at all! Hahahaha! It's actually quite popular with a lot of Western hobbyist electronic and electrical engineers - they like to modify it. And I've seen no complaints from them about it regarding its engineering.

But we get it, you're leery of Chinese products. I have to wonder how many of Denon's products are manufactured there, though, with substantial input from Chinese engineers... ;)

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
All this means that the Chinese are bad engineers.
Dislike of one product shouldn't translate into dislike for all Chinese engineers. If you don't want Chinese products, just say so. Otherwise no more disparaging remarks about any country or engineers there at large.

Top Bottom