• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please recommend a DAC for Neumann KH120

chrisyu

Hello everyone,

I'm using B&W MM-1 with my desktop PC now, I'm new to PC HiFi or active speakers, but I want to upgrade my speakers for better and correct sound.
So forgive me if I ask wrong questions.

I did some research and like to buy a pair of Neumann KH120, I think they could be a clear update to MM-1.

But I have trouble to find a USB DAC for KH120.

My budget is about 300-400$ , of course less is better, if sound quality is not comprised too much.
I think I need XLR output for KH120, and I need bluetooth apt/LDAC for phone, volume control, and not too big for desktop.
Also I use Linux as my desktop OS, so I don't need MQA.

My choice is Topping DX5, because it has good review, and sames everything I want.

But I'm not sure if there are better choices, please give your opinions.
I will verify Linux compatibility later, so feel free to recommend.

Thanks very much.

Chris

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Hello everyone,

I'm using B&W MM-1 with my desktop PC now, I'm new to PC HiFi or active speakers, but I want to upgrade my speakers for better and correct sound.
So forgive me if I ask wrong questions.

I did some research and like to buy a pair of Neumann KH120, I think they could be a clear update to MM-1.

But I have trouble to find a USB DAC for KH120.

My budget is about 300-400$ , of course less is better, if sound quality is not comprised too much.
I think I need XLR output for KH120, and I need bluetooth apt/LDAC for phone, volume control, and not too big for desktop.
Also I use Linux as my desktop OS, so I don't need MQA.

My choice is Topping DX5, because it has good review, and sames everything I want.

But I'm not sure if there are better choices, please give your opinions.
I will verify Linux compatibility later, so feel free to recommend.

Thanks very much.

Chris
I think you are on the right track.

Top Bottom