• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

please please help me out - 6xx + pc38x , need dac and amp.

Hi friends, I'm been on a two month search for the perfect DAC and amp for my new 6xx.

I'm so tired, and the fact that I'll have to pay high taxes and quite a few shipping fees for SCHIIT products, make it even more painful.

I have 6xx and Drop PC38x for gaming with a built-in microphone.

what do you say?

Which stack would be best for both of them - given the fact that I'll probably purchase a JBL 306p mkii in the near future.

I understand that Modius is Balanced DAC and Asgard 3 is SE.

Is a combination of both a rational and proper combination? Or is it better to already buy a balanced DAC and balanced amplifier with a balanced cable for 6xx, will it be beneficial?

And what regarding PC38x - will they give a more pleasing result in terms of sound in gaming connected to an external amplifier and DAC instead of the Realtek A1200 motherboard?

Can I use the PC38x built-in microphone somehow at all?

Please help me, I'm so tired and exhausted.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe stop raising different threads asking essentially the same thing and you won't be so tired?

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi friends, I'm been on a two month search for the perfect DAC and amp for my new 6xx.

I'm so tired, and the fact that I'll have to pay high taxes and quite a few shipping fees for SCHIIT products, make it even more painful.

Then don't buy Schiit products. Topping DX3 Pro+ or Topping E30/L30 are all that you need for your headphones. Schiit products will not offer better performance. Here is a good international vendor that carries them

And a certain point, there is such a thing as gathering too much information. So I would suggest pulling the trigger on one of those and moving on to enjoying your new gear.

Last edited:

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wanted more power so I bought the Topping A30Pro and it drives my 6xxx great.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

I have 6xx and Drop PC38x for gaming with a built-in microphone.

what do you say?

Which stack would be best for both of them - given the fact that I'll probably purchase a JBL 306p mkii in the near future.

I understand that Modius is Balanced DAC and Asgard 3 is SE.

Is a combination of both a rational and proper combination? Or is it better to already buy a balanced DAC and balanced amplifier with a balanced cable for 6xx, will it be beneficial?

And what regarding PC38x - will they give a more pleasing result in terms of sound in gaming connected to an external amplifier and DAC instead of the Realtek A1200 motherboard?

Can I use the PC38x built-in microphone somehow at all?

Please help me, I'm so tired and exhausted.
Take the week off and rest. Sounds like you need it!

Top Bottom