• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please kindly see my HD-6XX graph - accurate enough from my Mini-DSP EARS?

Gadget Goober

Forum Donor
The 11th hour on the 12th of never, lost in space.
Hello folks, upon advice from the obviously knowledgeable Solderdude and others, I've now tested a well known set of cans, the 6XX, instead of my AKG K240df (very little in the way of graphs for those), and changed my compensation to the ones provided by SBAF. I'm just attempting to ensure my newly acquired Mini-DSP HEARS are up to snuff.

Attached are my graphs. The graphs show a curious peak at higher frequencies, something that I don't see on *all* graphs that I can find online. Then again, there's no telling if I've ever come across one done on the EARS yet.

How's this graph look? Relatively OK for the most part? In line with what you've seen for the most part? Seems OK-ish to me, but I'd love more experienced folks to maybe point out, perhaps, something I may have overlooked or done.

Graph 1 is HEQ-Compensated, and Graph 2 is SBAF-Compensated. Was curious to see the difference.

Attachments

• Sennheiser HD-6XX, HEQ.png
    Sennheiser HD-6XX, HEQ.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Sennheiser HD-6XX, SBAF.png
    Sennheiser HD-6XX, SBAF.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 155

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't know if it's accurate but it looks like fun. I find these charts are most useful when you have a collection of them. Or if you're doing mods and you want to see the effects.

OP
Gadget Goober

Gadget Goober

Forum Donor
I don't know if it's accurate but it looks like fun. I find these charts are most useful when you have a collection of them. Or if you're doing mods and you want to see the effects.

That's a VERY fair statement, and totally in line with what I'm trying to achieve, so thank you! I have well over 120 sets of cans, and just popping them on there and seeing what comes out is fun enough, you're right. And really, I'm not looking for super accuracy, because I know the EARS can't deliver that. Just a decent baseline is good enough, I think, and what I'm trying to achieve. The reason for buying these EARS is to see rough differences after modding, so maybe better to just roll with it.

Thanks for the reply =)

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There's a review with charts at head fi I think when the Drop happeened. IIRC it's close but they had more bump in mid bass. But you have the right idea, play with your gear and compare. I don't do mods, but I'm taking up soldering to build an amp.

OP
Gadget Goober

Gadget Goober

Forum Donor
There's a review with charts at head fi I think when the Drop happeened. IIRC it's close but they had more bump in mid bass. But you have the right idea, play with your gear and compare. I don't do mods, but I'm taking up soldering to build an amp.

I highly appreciate the input, thank you!

Top Bottom