• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help - Random Noise Issue

John People

Hi Folks,

I've been really frustrated with my home theater system. I finally was able to make some upgrades and now I'm having issues that I've never seen before. I'm currently running a Marantz AV8805 with my Rotel Amp RMB-1555. I currently have Martin Logan speakers (have been using them for 3 years).

After installing the system in the new house I've noticed some weird noises (looks like geiger counter noise) that's the best way I can explain. All cables are fine and well connected (audioquest cables). this noise happens randomly every time I watch a movie (either my plex remux movies or a blu-ray disk on my Panasonic UBP-820).

I was able to finally record during the movie Unbroken since the issue is not happening all the time. It happens once during a movie and then stops for the rest of it.

Please this is really frustrating and I really don't know what could be causing this. I'm running a panamax 5300 which I've never had issues with.

Thanks you so much for your help.

D

Deleted member 43441

Bypass the Panamax first, it’s not needed.

Not picking on your Audioquest cables, but they are not reviewed well here for the most part. I personally don’t trust some of the designs that they come up with, and I believe they can actually add noise. Your mileage may vary.

Honestly it could be anything, loose ground, loose cable somewhere.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hi Folks,

I've been really frustrated with my home theater system. I finally was able to make some upgrades and now I'm having issues that I've never seen before. I'm currently running a Marantz AV8805 with my Rotel Amp RMB-1555. I currently have Martin Logan speakers (have been using them for 3 years).

After installing the system in the new house I've noticed some weird noises (looks like geiger counter noise) that's the best way I can explain. All cables are fine and well connected (audioquest cables). this noise happens randomly every time I watch a movie (either my plex remux movies or a blu-ray disk on my Panasonic UBP-820).

I was able to finally record during the movie Unbroken since the issue is not happening all the time. It happens once during a movie and then stops for the rest of it.

Please this is really frustrating and I really don't know what could be causing this. I'm running a panamax 5300 which I've never had issues with.

Thanks you so much for your help.
Something sounds like it's picking up CPU noise.

D

Deleted member 43441

It doesn’t sound like a Wi-Fi router, I had that one time and that sounds like a helicopter.

Top Bottom