• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help my Friend Needs a Noise Canceling Audiophile Headphones to Cancel the "Nasty Hindu Music"

Status
Not open for further replies.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Tamil, not Hindi, but it may help to play this classic a few times.

I cannot possibly thank you enough for this. I've now spilled coffee all over my desk, and was laughing and crying in my office like a freakin' lunatic... o_O Great dopamine response was had... I need more of these!

I was doing pretty well until the call for Oliver to poop on us landed... and from that point on I just went full retard. Glad it's the weekend and I'm just catching up on some work alone in the office... can't imagine how I'd explain this to a coworker. ;)

Hello ladies ,

There's been reports of racism in this thread, not liking loud traditional Hindu music is not racist. That said I'd like to point out the use of language by @john5220 is careless and asked if he would take his issues with other forums elsewhere.

We are grownups so name calling folks who go elsewhere to enjoy hifi chat is not what we are about. John, please let go of your issues with other places , ASR is not the place to maintain your grudge.

Oh and you need to move house , in the UK you could report this to the local council and lodge a antisocial behaviour complaint. They would measure the sound levels and if above a certain level action would be taken. I'm not sure about where you are .

As a aside all the Hindu folks iv met have been beautiful human beings, I'm sure that's not universally true but if there's prejudiced in me it's positive leaning towards their virtue.

Cheers

We're all human beings - so drawing lines of separation over things as meaningless and trivial as the amount of melanin in our skin or the color/texture of our eyes, hair, etc. is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated nor encouraged. However, cultures are, by definition, behavioral and experiential differences - and are also familiar and comfortable to some and the opposite to others.

It is racist to hate someone because they are of Asian decent... it is not racist to hate Chinese food, traditional clothing, architecture, music, etc. Period. Although cultural intolerance may be a side-effect of actual racism... it is merely a product of ignorance or difference of opinion in a great number of cases... and calling it racism does more damage than good in healing actual racial bias/bigotry IMO.

Obviously I'm not directing that at you @Thomas savage - as your post essentially points out exactly the same things. I just get triggered by some of the PC culture conflation of the two separate issues. Cheers.

Last edited:
OP
J

john5220

Hello ladies ,

There's been reports of racism in this thread, not liking loud traditional Hindu music is not racist. That said I'd like to point out the use of language by @john5220 is careless and asked if he would take his issues with other forums elsewhere.

We are grownups so name calling folks who go elsewhere to enjoy hifi chat is not what we are about. John, please let go of your issues with other places , ASR is not the place to maintain your grudge.

Oh and you need to move house , in the UK you could report this to the local council and lodge a antisocial behaviour complaint. They would measure the sound levels and if above a certain level action would be taken. I'm not sure about where you are .

As a aside all the Hindu folks iv met have been beautiful human beings, I'm sure that's not universally true but if there's prejudiced in me it's positive leaning towards their virtue.

Cheers

My family is also Hindu (I am now an Atheist but used to be a Hindu myself) so I do agree with you, they are very nice people.

I however was shocked to know that people on those other forums regularly stalk here and would go out of their way to make throw away troll accounts to come here and attack me. So I won't be mentioning other forums in future if that is your wish.

Rusty Shackleford

WOW I got banned from SBAF for trusting in science. No reason was given for the ban at all, all I know is I posted in support of scientific facts regarding Sound. Didn't know they were yet another Head Fi, it seems they do things differently over there, there is no TOS against scientific facts like Head Fi but they just outright ban anyone who is too objective regardless.

The way they treat anyone who supports science just staggers the sane imagination. They have done me a favor, that kind of nasty attitude is just terrible

I just took a look over there. You were banned because your tirade against a specific religion and its music is offensive. You weren't banned for "posting in support of scientific facts."

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
If this kind of speculation is against forum rules, please delete this post.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that john5220 is a real person and not a troll. The OP is flat out weird and lacks credibility and authenticity.

Willem

Major Contributor
Well let's just drop the speculation about John's identity. Let's address obnoxious noise from whatever kind of loud music (personally I thought the reference to the specific type was a bit superfluous and hence not in very good taste, but alas). Such noise is not very well reduced by noise cancelling headphones. They are good at reducing the drone of a plane's engines or a train's wheels, but not discrete sounds like people talking or music. For that, you need a well insulated closed headphone, in ear headphone, or similar.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

What's your caste?

1575331744713.png

Old, but things tend to change slowly...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/6/indias-untouchables-face-violence-discrimination/

Last edited:

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

gikigill

My usual observation is that this stuff has no where good to go. Even in Japan if you want to end a conversation fast just start asking pointed questions about the burakumin.

I would love to pose a question about Police and the treatment of African-Americans in the USA today to our friend from Florida since he has brought up the caste system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom