• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help my Friend Needs a Noise Canceling Audiophile Headphones to Cancel the "Nasty Hindu Music"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Short term solution: Well sealed IEMs with interchangeable tips and foam ear plugs. Let the ears “breath” though from time to time. You don’t want that wax building up and falling back into one’s eardrums. I have the EX-29 headphones — works best with DSP and manual EQ — or Sonarworks HP correction. Still, no OE or AE HP isolate as well as many IEMs.

Long-term: as solderdude mentioned, move out elsewhere! For heaven’s sake, I’d probably go mad myself if stuck in that situation.

OP
J

john5220

WOW I got banned from SBAF for trusting in science. No reason was given for the ban at all, all I know is I posted in support of scientific facts regarding Sound. Didn't know they were yet another Head Fi, it seems they do things differently over there, there is no TOS against scientific facts like Head Fi but they just outright ban anyone who is too objective regardless.

The way they treat anyone who supports science just staggers the sane imagination. They have done me a favor, that kind of nasty attitude is just terrible

solderdude

Grand Contributor
WOW I got banned from SBAF

Not unexpected at all, I already wondered why it took so long....
It is not a wise thing to rub people against their feathers, certainly not in their own home and then call them morons on a forum they hate.

felizecat

Tell your friend to get his best single malt, couple of tumblers and join the dance. The game he's playin' he'll lose anyway.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Also by having this thread active in ASR, I truly believe ASR is ok to allow racist like john5220 to post crap like this.

Please take your virtue signalling somewhere else, we have a community of independent thinkers here.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
[B]john5220[/B], you were banned for being racist like this thread you are doing right here on ASR. Also by having this thread active in ASR, I truly believe ASR is ok to allow racist like john5220 to post crap like this.

Did you join just to post this response? I see you are new and your handle is THISIS RACIST.

Should we expect some really good info on audio to come from you or are you just here to fight.

BillG

Major Contributor
[B]john5220[/B], you were banned for being racist like this thread you are doing right here on ASR. Also by having this thread active in ASR, I truly believe ASR is ok to allow racist like john5220 to post crap like this.

I was going to say his opener sounds pretty damned racist to me as well. However, I suspect the reckless libertarians, who often use free speech as a cover for callous bigotry, will jump through hoops to defend it... :rolleyes:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
If you mean racist independent thinkers. Then no I will not. @john5220 is a racist.

He has the right to be racist or a bigot. You have exactly the same choice. Am I interested in such discussions on a technical forum? Not in the least.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
If that's the case, why the hell he hasn't been banned here? Does ASR really want to be a forum that is ok with a racist posting crap like this thread?

There you go again...

Just report the thread you are concerned about, with the reasons, and our moderator will look at it in due course. In the meantime, either contribute something useful or sit the next couple of plays out.

No need to get your knickers in a knot. :)

JakeLeCat

He says he doesn't want to hear an open back because he needs a closed back to cancel the nasty noise

Sounds like he knows more than you think! You never mentioned his musical taste.. beyerdynamic have some wonderful closed back for the budget.. or just get bigger speakers?

Wombat

Master Contributor
The OP was posting about extraneous noise with descriptions of its source and type, in order to get advice on its abatement via headphones.

Pulling the race card is a bit much.

I can't stand Rap but love Blues, so how does that relate to racism?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I can't stand Rap but love Blues, so how does that relate to racism?

Same way Rap has a way higher carbon footprint and Blues in rooted in slavery, oppression and had its inception considerably closer to the vast Amazonian rain forests that are the apparent lungs of the world and being torn down at the rate of 3000 football fields a minute by climate change deniers and Colombian drug cartels looking to establish new production facilities across the border.

The world is a mess Wombat, you should know that everything is related to everything else and if you fart in your house, a butterly's wings might fall off in one of those Brazillian forests. Trees can fall and people get offended because someone heard it and they didn't.

OP
J

john5220

He has the right to be racist or a bigot. You have exactly the same choice. Am I interested in such discussions on a technical forum? Not in the least.

The funny thing, I am from Trinidad and even tho I am actually an Atheist both my parents are Hindus.

But that guy clearly is from SBAF, I am surprised those clowns from SBAF actually stalk this website like hawks and find it necessary to make throw away accounts just to comment about me, the very site they hate with a passion. In their own words at SBAF, they hate ASR because it supports science and since they do not believe Science has any place in Audio and Electrical Engineering. Which is quite telling of how stupid SBAF actually is....

The fact that Moderators and Admins at SBAF actually believe that Science has no place in Audio and Electrical Engineering just staggers the sane imagination.

JakeLeCat

No racism i can see.. anything (or most things..) can sound horrible blasted through the walls rather than your own system. More worried about the open back snobism as a suggestion.. your open back sennies might sound lovely but not if you want to drown something out :p

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Moderators and Admins at SBAF actually believe that Science has no place in Audio and Electrical Engineering just staggers the sane imagination.

I very, very much doubt that. Humans are complicated. You can spend your entire life studying human motivation (e.g. motivational psychology), and still find yourself baffled in your twilight years when it comes to our own kin.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
While I can appreciate a nice raja via Mr Shankar and Friends, I can also appreciate the effort that goes into some more modern compositions from the sub-continent...

Wait for the dancing...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hello ladies ,

There's been reports of racism in this thread, not liking loud traditional Hindu music is not racist. That said I'd like to point out the use of language by @john5220 is careless and ask if he would take his issues with other forums elsewhere.

We are grownups so name calling folks who go elsewhere to enjoy hifi chat is not what we are about. John, please let go of your issues with other places , ASR is not the place to maintain your grudge.

Oh and you need to move house , in the UK you could report this to the local council and lodge a antisocial behaviour complaint. They would measure the sound levels and if above a certain level action would be taken. I'm not sure about where you are .

As a aside all the Hindu folks iv met have been beautiful human beings, I'm sure that's not universally true but if there's prejudiced in me it's positive leaning towards their virtue.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom