• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help my Friend Needs a Noise Canceling Audiophile Headphones to Cancel the "Nasty Hindu Music"

Status
Not open for further replies.

john5220

Hi there I have a friend a good friend who has been having major problems these past few months, he recently moved into a new house and he has to deal with a number of issues the major being as he describes a very loud nasty Hindu mic on a car that drives around all day blasting a really nasty type of Hindu Music and terrorizing him, supposedly for funeral etc he contacted the police but they are doing nothing about it

Secondly he has this neighbor who starts a lawnmore every day and cuts her lawn every day for unknown reasons.

Thirdly there is a car place that installs car music that also blasts a set of nasty Jamaican Music he calls it which tarnishes his IQ, he says he has become ever so dumber as the day goes by.

He is however a non believer in science despite having a Electrical Engineering Degree, so he doesn't believe that Open Back Headphones are real even tho the science is clear with regards to openness and sound stage, I have invited him to test out my HD 58x but he clearly doesn't want to look like a fool and see for himself how wrong he has been.

He says he doesn't want to hear an open back because he needs a closed back to cancel the nasty noise, and by doing so and realizing the superiority of open back he will feel like he has wasted money on a closed back.

Therefore I am here requesting you guys help him decide on a Closed Back with Noise Canceling while at the same time providing the best Open Back sound, or perhaps a somewhat decent sound stage if possible. This headphone I am hoping to be of audiophile grade and somewhat match my HD58x if possible? it needs to be under $300 USD this is his max budget. I was thinking of the Bose Noise Canceling? but generally I don't really recommend Bose.

He needs the Headphones for Gaming

raif71

Major Contributor
I have both...open back and closed back. Open back (hd660s) at home and closed back (ath m50x) at the office. Both of them sound greattt and they serve their purposes well. Nothing I can complain. Speaking of Hindi music...this is my all time favourite

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the sounds of it I think your friend needs Etymotic IEMs, their passive noise isolation is outstanding and better than active noise cancelling headphones for the sort of noise you describe. Open back headphones are not going to be much use if he is suffering from such high levels of outside noise.

OP
J

john5220

He says he doesn't like the M50 because it will cause his head to "become a pen!s shape" whatever that means, I presume he means it will be too tight?

So you are right the IEM might be best for him to block the nasty Noise

OP
J

john5220

Are these anymore budget friendly IEM that can block noise besides those for $300?

Anything around the $150 range?

OP
J

john5220

I am more of a Lana Del Rey person, but I don't think these are the types of music he is too much concerned with.

He says he becomes rather suicidal when he hears the "Nasty Hindu" music. This I suspect he means the funeral type? the really old nasty ones from the 60's and 70's?

Stuff like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is pretty modern day stuff and causes no suicidal issues generally, but that Tamil one sounds pretty irritating you could imagine a mic blasting that while you are playing Hunt Showdown? this is his major issue

solderdude

Grand Contributor

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are these anymore budget friendly IEM that can block noise besides those for $300?

Anything around the $150 range?
I think some of the cheaper etys get to that price, Shure get cheap. Both of these brands use foam tips that will block a lot of sound. A million other iem options are available.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thirdly there is a car place that installs car music that also blasts a set of nasty Jamaican Music he calls it which tarnishes his IQ, he says he has become ever so dumber as the day goes by.

Hmm, nasty Jamaican Music - he'll be the Complain Neighbour then....;)

OP
J

john5220

Tell your friend to move house ... problem solved.

Above 1kHz Noise cancelling does nothing. He'd better look for IEM's with high isolation numbers.
Tell him to seek some inspiration here:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/isolation/noise-isolation-cancellation-passive-active

or ask your haters at SBAF ?

I asked the morons at SBAF but I was met with very Abusive Insults and Racism

Now I know why I try to avoid SBAF, notice the suggestion is to even use physical violence against the driver. Not only does Super Best Audio Friends DENY Science in favor of religion and superstitious nonsense but they appear to be very eager to use physical violence to resolve problems that could otherwise be solved through diplomacy or technology. SBAF is a cancerous forum notice all of them gang on and just spawn the dislike against new users who put science first, this sort of behavior staggers the sane imagination.

Untitled.jpg

OP
J

john5220

Hmm, nasty Jamaican Music - he'll be the Complain Neighbour then....;)

yes I believe he was speaking about those new derogatory Jamaican music that uses profanity and auto tune when he says "nasty Jamaican music"
But I mean this is the Caribbean so I do think he should learn to just accept it is a reality, not everybody will be playing nice old Trinidad Calypso

OP
J

john5220

This is my current Jam for the Christmas Season, Parang Season

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
yes I believe he was speaking about those new derogatory Jamaican music that uses profanity and auto tune when he says "nasty Jamaican music"
But I mean this is the Caribbean so I do think he should learn to just accept it is a reality, not everybody will be playing nice old Trinidad Calypso

Indeed, I'm no fan of some of the dance hall lyrics myself either.

Calypso has a reputation for being "nice", but much of the early stuff was quite subversive - http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20171010-the-surprising-politics-of-calypso

oldsysop

If the guy didn’t have a bunch of posts before I’d have assumed this was a troll post. :)
Did you read them carefully?

It is in their tos and jude made sure everybody knew the consequences of posting any scientific evidence for anything.

The history of NwAvGuy proves this much as I also understand they had a hand in silencing NwAvGuy which I suspect they killed him. It would be a shame if this did happen and they got away with murder.

Head fi is a very dangerous place because it is as NwAvGuy said a marketing propaganda machine for big audio companies.

They have killed people over this because of the billions involved and as such I would not ever recommend using that site at all

The fact that their tos prevents scientific evidence and it is a bannable offense says a lot

The fact that they use your ip address to track you in real life and silence you like they did to NwAvGuy is quite telling
:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom