• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help me upgrade my desktop speakers (48" tv as monitor makes space limited)

Hey all, I have kind of a tough situation spatially with my current PC setup. I do a lot of sim racing, fps, and single player gaming and like to use both speakers and headphones. I am very satisfied with my headphone setup, but am rather lost on how to upgrade my speaker setup.

I am space limited both vertically(second monitor getting blocked) and horizontally/depth because of the room I have for my gaming pc. What would you guys do in my situation? I thought about mounting something on the wall behind, but will it be too high up for proper imaging/staging? Any and all advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks guys for reading!

If you are curious about my current speakers, they are the creative t60 and are good for a cheap temporary setup or as a gift. With the right settings they don't sound too bad and have good virtual surround sound.

Edit with additional question: Are there small speakers out there that are designed to be put sideways?

Attachments

• 20221108_181308.jpg
    20221108_181308.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221108_181230.jpg
    20221108_181230.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Leftfield choice, sonos beam 2 soundbar? as it would sit under your monitor and you could angle the front so it hits your ears.

OP
S
Genelec 8010A plus subwoofer. Here's Amir's review.
View attachment 245296

If you're on a budget, the iLoud Micro Monitor
View attachment 245297
I like the Genelic, haven't hear much about them so I'm going to look into them. I've thought about the iloud micro but I find them a bit ugly to be 100% honest.

Leftfield choice, sonos beam 2 soundbar? as it would sit under your monitor and you could angle the front so it hits your ears.
It is too tall and would sadly block the bottom of my screen

staticV3

Master Contributor
I like the Genelic, haven't hear much about them so I'm going to look into them.
Genelec is a Finnish speaker brand at the forefront of acoustic design. Basically every monitor they make is a home-run as far as objective performance is concerned, though it comes at a price.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@StuporSmoothie The 8010A has only XLR inputs. If you don't have a balanced DAC to feed them, then there's a consumer version of the same speaker with RCA inputs, the Genelec G One.

Top Bottom