• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help find Speakers - Has anyone seen them before? - (Drawing plans or Purchasable cabinet)

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/89/73/968973f9c0cbdad9ba3fbf7f9800c172.jpg

If anyone is aware of the creator behind the original rendering, or has seen the plans or cabinet available for purchase please let me know.
I have found all the pinterest pages showing the image, and google reverse image searched the image but having trouble finding the original source.

Seem to be either Folded or Back-loaded horn design.
Description on image source pinterest page says "Using Fostex FE103" (10cm cone) but I am pretty sure it is the Fostex FE126 series (12cm cone) driver from the picture.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks everyone.

After reading the replies,
I discovered the Fostex International "Recommended enclosures" page which has some free enclosure plans.

It does seem like the enclosure is for the FE103 not the FE126.
As you can see linked below, the FE126 enclosure is a Back-Loaded/Bass reflex hybrid design with a baffle which is flat all the way to the opening.
While the FE103 enclosure is a Back-Loaded horn design with the "stepped" front baffle above the opening.
- FE126 Enclosure PDF
- FE103 Enclosure PDF

So as stated in one of the replies:
The one you found may be a variant of that with a rounded front (and top) instead of staggered plates?

The original 3D render I linked does look like the Fostex FE103 Enclosure design with exposed grain wood panels stuck on the sides, and a curved front baffle leading down to the opening instead of the stepped one from Fostex design.

Also what leads me to believe the rendering is the Fostex FE103 Enclosure design is the horn "opening" is approximately 1/3 of the height of the entire cabinet.
The curved baffle would be tricky to achieve with the FE126 design since it would slightly affect the internal volume and has the down-firing bass reflex port which could get in the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom