• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please grade a system (woofer + floorstanding speakers)

Bog.lungu

Hello mate,
I really need you help!
I want to fill up with a high quality and laud sound a 25 square meter room.

I don’t want to specify a tight budget but my focus is to create a system using :
  1. Subwoofer ( Subwoofer SVS PB-1000 PRO ) because for my specific taste low frequency are mandatory.
  2. 2 x Floorstanding Speaks.
My conflict is that I didn’t have the opportunity to compare side by side the following speakers :
  • Focal Aria 948
  • Triangle Genese Quartet
  • Focal Aria 926
  • Triangle Genese Lyrr
  • Focal Chora 826
  • Focal Aria 936
Can you please try to grade them from the sound quality perspective ( taking in consideration the whole picture described above) ?

Thank you

komhst

I would say to forget about the Triangles...

Since you are using a subwoofer (a nice one) I would say that the best choice would be Focal Aria 926.
They would be more than perfect!

DanielT

Major Contributor
Hello,

I do not know them, but until someone with experience / knowledge of them can help you, from another thread::)

Edit
Aha, komhst published at the same time as me, missed it. There you got tips.:)

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Focal speakers are highly regarded and measure well.

Those components are good enough that the key to sound quality will be: i) your room, ii) how you implement bass management between the Focals and the sub, and iii) if you are doing DSP room correction. With good bass management, you probably won't get much by going up the Aria product line because they won't be doing low bass anyways, so I agree with Bog that I would first look to the Aria 926.

Top Bottom