• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please don't use att.net or sbcglobal.net as email address

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. This is a message for those of you who use att.net or sbcglobal.net (which I think they own). They block email messages from the forum and are a pain to deal with to unblock. They have done this to every email server and address I have used. It seems that they have a universal block right now on any forum software so you are NOT getting notifications.

I use Amazon web email service which is trusted by many sites yet AT&T still blocks these messages. Worse yet, Amazon can shut down our entire email service if it keeps getting such complaints from others. For that reason, I just disabled a few of the accounts to avoid this.

So please, if you are using either one of these domains for email, change them to an alternate one if you can and then let me know to release the block.

Sorry for the rest of you. Without email notification, private messages may not be seen by these members and hence this public post.

DataX

Was going to suggest that you might need to set up SPF, DKIM or DMARC for the audiosciencereview.com domain as that can sometimes cause emails to be rejected by certain recipients, but I just checked and they're all set up and passing... so good work on that I guess. :p

Clipboard-1.png

Still really odd that AT&T would completely block forum messages when the sender is 100% validated.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's the thing. Nothing seems to be enough for them. They say that if a message is sent to them they will investigate. I forwarded three of them with no answer.

This is what they spit out:

An error occurred while trying to deliver the mail to the following recipients:

[email address removed]

Technical report:

Reporting-MTA: dsn; a27-10.smtp-out.us-west-2.amazonses.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email address removed]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 alpd679 DNSBL:RBL 521< 54.240.27.10 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to [email protected]

DataX

The message seems to imply that it's the IP that is blocked, not necessarily the forum domain or software, however that IP is part of a larger block owned by Amazon (54.240.0.0/12). Since you're using Amazon SES, you might be able to open a ticket with Amazon to research why their shared IP's are being blocked by AT&T: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/blacklists.html

Alternatively you could look for another SMTP provider, or see if you can sign up for a dedicated IP from SES: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/dedicated-ips.html

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, AT&T just responded saying they will remove the block in 2 to 3 days! Let's hope it works....
Well in my experience, ATT will promise something like this and nothing will happen. Good luck.

If you want a good free email address try gmx.com which is simple and nifty and fine. German mail exchange with EU privacy policy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom