• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please confirm my setup before I go on a purchasing spree. Thoughts?

OP
C

clipghost

Is everything purchased yet? With the KEF R3 getting close to 500$ it’s difficult to buy anything else right now (objective measurements wise).
No not purchased yet, that is why I am in this thread trying to figure it out before purchase. Where do you see that price?
That is what I mentioned earlier… There are some absorbers that fit between the studs.

Which is it?
1) smurfs?
2) Conduits?

(I don’t even know what a Smurf tube is)
Electrical Non-Metalic Tubing…
Originally, they were blue. Like Smurfs.
View attachment 243495

And clearly it is the Smurfs that pull the cables through the tubes for you so you don’t have to yourself! :p

The tubing is now available in other colors… typically orange seems to be preferred.
What he said! It's all there. The cavity is ready for an in-wall speaker I promise. I just need to nail down what speakers to get. As I mentioned above, I need to wrap up in-walls more than anything else. And I want the brands to match my exterior front LCR.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No not purchased yet, that is why I am in this thread trying to figure it out before purchase. Where do you see that price?

What he said! It's all there. The cavity is ready for an in-wall speaker I promise. I just need to nail down what speakers to get. As I mentioned above, I need to wrap up in-walls more than anything else. And I want the brands to match my exterior front LCR.
In Europe they're being sold around 650$ with tax per unit, I expected someone is selling it for a similar price in the US?

Todd k

Forum Donor
I have two monolith 15” thx subs in my 18’ x 24’ room with a cathedral ceiling, they work really well in pressurizing the room. They are placed right next to my revel salon 2’s. U can feel the sound. I was pleasantly surprised how powerful these subs are. Granted you are not placing them with revels but quality wise I think these subs are great value. It certainly has given me a more than positive look upon the monolith brand. It’s great that there are so many smart peeps here at ASR to help guide us when we need help. i think ryanasaur has given you excellent advice.

Top Bottom