• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

Mario Martinez

Dear friends from ASR,

Last time I posted on this forum we were at calibration version 2.0f. Lots of things have happened since then...

We kept working on our transparency quest and came across some new developments that have finally produced some results.

Just last week we updated our servers with new versions of all our albums. They have all been updated to calibration 2.1j.

For those who might not know about our project we are using a fixed recording setup to try to develop a truly transparent audio recording system. You can read about it here: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound.

Over the years we have been developing new, more transparent, calibrations that we have applied to all our recordings (we can do that because all our albums have been recorded using the same physical setup). Here is a link to our catalogue where you can see all our productions: http://www.playclassics.com/albums

I would be delighted to share this latest version with you all. Many of you already have our releases on some of our previous calibrations and it would be very useful to us to have your feedback on this latest one.

Please let me know which two albums you would like to try and I will be happy to send you a gift code, ...and as always: Enjoy :)

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I take your offer, really excited to try your productions. I'd pick the Debussy Préludes and the Goldberg Variations.
Thanks!

Eetu

Forum Donor
I would like to try your recordings as well! Perhaps the 'Cabrera plays Debussy' and Ad Astra (Ambrosini). Thank you.

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Awesome, can't wait to hear new calibration, I'd like "Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets" and "Ad Astra".

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh my, Santo Martinez returns with his amazing offers. How many times have we done this together Mario?
My system has changed radically since our last encounter including all new speakers so making any reasonably accurate comparisons to the earlier files I have on my hard drive would be near impossible but I will definitely take advantage of your generosity in just a bit after looking into your current catalog. On behalf of our membership and myself, let me give you a heartfelt thanks for continuing to include us in your program of sharing, learning, and improving the state of the recording art!
Cent' Anni
Sal

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Oh my, Santo Martinez returns with his amazing offers. How many times have we done this together Mario?
My system has changed radically since our last encounter including all new speakers so making any reasonably accurate comparisons to the earlier files I have on my hard drive would be near impossible but I will definitely take advantage of your generosity in just a bit after looking into your current catalog. On behalf of our membership and myself, let me give you a heartfelt thanks for continuing to include us in your program of sharing, learning, and improving the state of the recording art!
Cent' Anni
Sal

Hi Sal !

Nice to hear from you again. I am glad to see you have some new gear. Let's try it out see how things turn out there.

We have an album you might have not heard yet. We published it this past June. You might want to try it out so you can get a clean start with your new system :)

Its the Rachmaninoff Etudes-Tableaux by Bruno Vlahek.

AudioJester

Forum Donor
I would like to try modern times and stories. Thanks!

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello again Mario,
To pursue the other thread, I would like to try
modern times
Stories (romantic guitar)
Conversations

Merci ! ;)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thank you so much for the offer!

I would love to try:

Stories: The Romantic Spanish Guitar

Goldberg Variations: William Wolfram

Cheers!

BYRTT

Forum Donor
Dear friends from ASR.....
.....Please let me know which two albums you would like to try and I will be happy to send you a gift code, ...and as always: Enjoy :)

Thousand thanks the offer, the two one below sounded with kind of stunning realism listening via your web player whatever that format is, so very interested and thanks again..

Mario_Martinez_album_offerings.png

danadam

Hi
I'd like "Stories - The Romantic Spanish Guitar" and "Rachmaninoff". Thanks.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
"A Evening with Riera" and "Goldberg Variations" would kill my productivity for the next few days. :D

catalogguy

Forum Donor
Thank you so much for your generous and fun offer!

Dimitri Van Halderen, Stories the Romatic Spanish Guitar
Albeniz Iberia, Luis Grane Piano

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Hi thank you for the kind offer. Feel kinda bad as I've never heard your previous work so couldn't offer feedback. That being said the Spanish romantic guitar sounds lovely. And would be a welcome addition to my acoustic playlist.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Thank you! Rachmaninoff Etudes-tableaux & Cabrera plays Debussy, please.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Hi thank you for the kind offer. Feel kinda bad as I've never heard your previous work so couldn't offer feedback. That being said the Spanish romantic guitar sounds lovely. And would be a welcome addition to my acoustic playlist.

Hi Vini, all feedback is welcome. It does not have to be relative to past calibrations. Everyone is welcome to listen in. :)

Top Bottom