• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

Mittomen

Hello Mario! It is really kind of you, thank you. I'd like to listen to "Modern Times" and "From Russia with Love".

labdoc

Hi again Mario,
I replied yesterday without stating the albums I would like. Please send the links to
Mozart-Beethoven Wind Quintets, Harmonie du Soir
From Russia with Love, Gurkova

Thank you.

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Voici venir les temps ou vibrant sur sa tige
Chaque fleur s'évapore ainsi'qu'un encensoir;
Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir;
Valse mélancolique et langoureux vertige!

The Préludes sound fantastic, this is an outstanding recording. I prefer the execution of Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli that I find unique for certain aspects but this one is very good. Great work!

RPG

Forum Donor
Hi Mario,

Thank you in advance for your kind offer. I would like to try the Rachmaninoff and the Cabrera Plays Debussy.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Dear Mario,

Thank you for the initiative! I would be interested to try the Rachmaninov (ėtudes), and Stories, with the guitare.

Are both recorded with your new technic?

Dominique

Hi Dominique,

yes, all 14 albums on the PlayClassics series have been recorded exactly the same way.

The guitar, the grand pianos (we have used two different ones), the voices (soprano and tenor), the woodwinds (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, french horn), we have also tried a drumset, some flamenco, a string quartet, ...no matter what you place on the stage the result is always the same.

Our goal was to develop a fixed recording setup (hall, stage, mic placement and arrangement, recording gear chain and calibration) so transparent that anything you record on it needs no adjustments or modifications of any kind.

Gregm

Good morning Mario, morning everyone

I downloaded the 24/96 flac versions.
Some initial subjective impressions -- very brief notes.

Instantly recognisable instruments ("naturalness"): for example, instead of hearing a well-recorded horn, I was listening to a horn. I also noticed a refreshing lack of compression in dynamics -- either you let dynamics flow freely or you do an excellent slight compression job;)

The soundstage, the ambience and the sense of space and drama that escapes into the reproduction are excellent. I wonder, can your method be used for large orchestral pieces as well?

*I will listen more carefully in the days to come.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to these two albums, thank you again for your kind offer!

Equipm't, etc: small room, big enough for small ensembles. I play through an audio optimised PC using the Musichi player; last night I listened through an Ideon Audio "Absolute" DAC, using a small USB reclocker as well. (I also tried my MSB Select, but the sound was smeared by comparison & a lot of the ambience was lost).

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
...last night I listened through an Ideon Audio "Absolute" DAC, using a small USB reclocker as well. (I also tried my MSB Select, but the sound was smeared by comparison & a lot of the ambience was lost).

Have you considered having the MSB repaired?

Colonel7

Thank you for your generosity and commitment. Stories - Romantic Spanish Guitar and Mozart-Beethoven Wind Quintets

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
Hello,
I would like to try:
1. Coversations
2. Modern Times

Thank you so much for the gift.
Kind regards

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Thanks for participating!

We have given out 68 albums so far. It seems the "Mozart and Beethoven Wind Quintets" is the most wanted one :)

Please don't forget to give us your impressions. We are going to be using your feedback as a reference to try to introduce our studio to the big labels.

We have been working on the development of our setup for years and we now feel that we are ready to move on to the next stage. We would like to open our studio to the big labels. We do feel it would be beneficial for them to record in this manner. But these big labels are very hard to engage. We are going to need all the resources possible to try to get them to pay attention.

MRC01

Major Contributor
... Please don't forget to give us your impressions. We are going to be using your feedback as a reference to try to introduce our studio to the big labels. ...
Folks, I started a separate thread for this, here. This way our feedback doesn't get mixed up with all the various album requests.
@Mario Martinez You are making some fine recordings, among the best I've heard. I wish you good luck getting this system more widely adopted.

spacevector

Forum Donor
Thanks for the incredible offer. Hope I am not too late in requesting "Modern Times" and "Mozart and Beethoven Wind Quintets".

My exposure to classical music is quite limited (1812 Overture anyone?) :) and I am hoping these are more accessible than the rest.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Thanks for the incredible offer. Hope I am not too late in requesting "Modern Times" and "Mozart and Beethoven Wind Quintets".

My exposure to classical music is quite limited (1812 Overture anyone?) :) and I am hoping these are more accessible than the rest.

It is not too late. We are still giving out codes to any one we wants to try...

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Folks, I started a separate thread for this, here. This way our feedback doesn't get mixed up with all the various album requests.
@Mario Martinez You are making some fine recordings, among the best I've heard. I wish you good luck getting this system more widely adopted.

ok, thanks! sounds good to me.

I tried to modify the OP to include the info about this other thread but it did not let me edit it any more. Late comers to this thread may not realize what we are doing (they would have to read to post #56) ...let's see if we can keep it organized :)

Bart

Interesting project. I'm especially curious for the "Modern Times" CD and the Études-Tableaux. Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom