• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Thank you for your kind generosity. It really makes this feel like a community.

Modern Times and Cabrera plays Debussy please. I'm excited to hear whar your projectnis about!

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I'm having a problem. My device (lg v30) won't open the file. I've tried the master wav and cd flac downloads. It says no app to open file. I have a bunch of wav and flac on this device so thats not the problem. The file regardless of music format shows as cd.bin. Is it incompatible with android? I dont have windows or mac devices. Or am I being a dummy and missing somthing really obvious?

HemiRick

I would like to get the same ones I did last time, but cannot find them......Any hints on file/folder names?

MRC01

Major Contributor
... We kept working on our transparency quest and came across some new developments that have finally produced some results. Just last week we updated our servers with new versions of all our albums. They have all been updated to calibration 2.1j.
Please let me know which two albums you would like to try and I will be happy to send you a gift code, ...and as always: Enjoy :)
Oh my, that is great! I suppose you're PMing the codes to folks? I would love to hear the Mozart-Beethoven wind quintets and Wolfram's Goldberg performance.
Thanks.
PS: Just from the web player sample, the wind quintet sounds much more natural and realistic than the Vents Francais recordings I was just listening to (on Warner classics). :D
PPS: I noticed some Naxos recordings on the list - did you record these for that label? If find the quality of Naxos recordings is all over the place. Of course every label has some home runs and some duds, but sound quality with Naxos is less consistent, from terrible to excellent.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to try:
Dmitri Van Halderen
Stories
The romantic Spanish guitar.

And for my second choice:
From Russia with Love
Marianna Gurkova

You are very generous to do this for us. Thank you.

Esskay

Forum Donor
Mario,

I'm sorry I missed the earlier offer. I look forward to checking out your recordings.
I'd like to hear Modern Times and Cabrera Plays Debussy.

Thanks,
SK

ENG

Forum Donor
Hello Mario
thank you !

I would like:
Harmonie du Soir Ensemble - Mozart Beethoven, Wind Quintets
William Wolfram - Goldberg Variations

Last edited:
OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Last edited:
OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

I would like to get the same ones I did last time, but cannot find them......Any hints on file/folder names?

Hi Hemi,

I understand you are trying to look for our albums on your library. All our files are tagged with keywords like "PlayClassics" "Musicstry Studios" "TRT". Good luck trying to find them :)

Last edited:
OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

PPS: I noticed some Naxos recordings on the list - did you record these for that label?

Yes, we recorded those albums a long time ago before we started working on our TRT project. We were simply hired by the artists to do the job and we did the best we could with what we had back then. We then handed the master to the Naxos people and lost control of anything that might have happened after that (soundwise I mean).

I find the quality of Naxos recordings is all over the place. Of course every label has some home runs and some duds, but sound quality with Naxos is less consistent, from terrible to excellent.

That makes sense. Most of their projects are self promoted by the artists (just like they did in this occasion). The artists contact Naxos to make a proposal. If Naxos is interested they accept the project. It is then the job of the artist to seek for a place where they can record their project to their own expense. All Naxos does is the publishing. Everything else is done by the artists with their own resources. That would explain why there can not be any consistency among the projects from a sound point of view.

denydog

Hello Mario,
After reading the information in your first link, I'm anxious to have a listen.

The Rachmaninoff Etudes-Tableaux by Bruno Vlahek seems interesting. And maybe Harmonie du Soir Ensemble - Mozart Beethoven, Wind Quintets for another take.

Thanks for your efforts.

Gregm

Additional, and most sincere, thanks for your kind offer.

The Harmonie du Soir ensemble recordings look very interesting ("Modern Times" & Mozart - Beeth Wind Quartets).

By the way, the sound on the streaming service is very pleasant and I also appreciated the commentary notes at the bottom of the album pages! Regards

astr0b0y

Mario, thanks so much for the offer. Please may I have a code for Harmonie du soir ensemble Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets. Looking forward to listening witty daughter to see if we can pick the position of the musicians.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Mario, thanks so much for the offer. Please may I have a code for Harmonie du soir ensemble Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets. Looking forward to listening witty daughter to see if we can pick the position of the musicians.

you can still get one more album, should you wish to...

sfdoddsy

Hi.

I'd love to try the Harmonie Du Soir albums - Beethoven/Mozart and Modern Times.

Thanks

PaulD

Hi Mario,

Thank you for this kind offer! I would love to listen to The Triumph of the Sonata and Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets.

TimDH

Forum Donor
I would love the Wind quartets and the Rachmaninov Thank you!

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Hi Mario,

Thank you for this kind offer! I would love to listen to The Triumph of the Sonata and Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets.

Hi Paul,

The three last albums in the catalogue were recorded a long time ago before we started our TRT project. They were recorded at Musicstry Studios but they do not belong to the PlayClassics record label.

This thread is only about the PlayClassics albums (which are the ones that benefit from the TRT sound)

I just sent you the Mozart/Beethoven. Please choose another one and I will be happy to send you the codes...

Top Bottom