• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for ASR members

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

I have uploaded new SPL files.

This time I have used the official Dolby DMU pink noise to make the stereo file.

Nothing has changed. The level is the same as with the first tone, but this one looks better :)

You can download it on the original post: #95

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Observations on the new SPL files. I only downloaded the CD version:

The new file data is coherent (same data in both channels), the original was not. This could cause a slight measurement difference on stereo playback. Adding (two speakers) with coherent and incoherent sources yields a differing result.

Example:
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-coherentsources.htm ----- 75 + 75 = 81.021
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-leveladding.htm ----- 75 + 75 = 78.01

The spectrum of the new file is very smooth:

upload_2016-9-14_17-8-5.png

It appears that the data repeats, and maybe has alignment for FFT analysis. The original does not show repetitive data.

New on top, old on the bottom.

upload_2016-9-14_17-14-30.png

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

The new file data is coherent (same data in both channels), the original was not. This could cause a slight measurement difference on stereo playback. Adding (two speakers) with coherent and incoherent sources yields a differing result.

yes, that is right, this one is coherent the other one was not. But they both will reach the same SPL when played in stereo.

You should play the file on stereo and adjust volume to get 75dB at listening point. That would be our stage volume.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Listening to the drums again, it is the kick drum that irritates me.

I have been looking into this kick drum issue, ...I think I might know what you are referring to.

I did fix one thing, but I cannot be sure if that is the thing that you were noticing.

I am sending you a PM with the code to download the files see if this fix resolves the issue.

earsandeyes

I am new to ASR and stumbled on this thread.
I would love to listen to Polish Songs and Conversations.

Regards
Michiel

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that we have concluded the development of our acoustic research project. The current and final calibration version is 2.0b

All the albums in our catalog (we currently have 12 albums) have been updated with this version and we have proceeded to publish them on all the internet stores (Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.)

To show the results of our development we have made some demonstration videos where we compare the sound quality of our methodology (TRT Sound) with the sound quality of conventional recordings.

Here you have a link to the YouTube playlist where you will find 30 comparison videos of PlayClassics vs Warner, Naxos, Decca, Harmonia Mundi, Deutsche Grammophon and many others ...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNtta5SvxB1IprJFJdTXkYOrZDIWNMS7_

I hope you enjoy them. Thank you very much for your help, your feedback has been key to the development of this project.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

The albums are now in the hands of the distributors. It is just a matter of time that they start appearing all over the different platforms.

We gave the distributor a 16bit 44.1kHz version of the music (there was no other option). Each platform will have to get its own streaming and download file from this "parent" 16/44.1 version.

Any way, we will keep offering the files for download on our web site. There you will find:
- the Master 24bit 96kHz in FLAC and WAV
- the DVD 24bit 48kHz in FLAC and WAV
- the CD 16bit 44.1kHz in FLAC and WAV
- the LAME MP3 vbr 48kHz made directly from the Master 24bit 96kHz

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Very full and warm sounding, beautiful presentation.
Thanks Mario for all your work in producing these recordings.
I wish you much success.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

We have used the third movement of the Beethoven Quintet for Piano and Winds to make 28 new Sound Quality Comparison demos.

You can compare our sound with versions of:
- Decca Sviatoslav Richter
- Naxos Jeno Jando
- Sony Murray Perahia
- Nimbus Records Vlado Perlemuter
- Erato Daniel Barenboim
- Sony Rudolf Serkin
- Delos Carol Rosenberger
- Deutsche Grammophon Friedrich Gulda
- Decca András Schiff
- Warner Melos ensemble
- Decca Pascal Roge