• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
Houston, I have a problem

Just now I listen to this 24/96 vinyl rip (1977, EMI, Germany pressing - DR13) and... I miss the perfection of your recordings! After so much jabugo ham eating a serrano ham is a bit frustrating ;)

Lessing -Greither-Backes-Haydn-Trio-Divertimenti-cover.jpg

vavan

Added to JRiver MC 25: Induce Performance Mode + Bitsum Highest Performance
does it really change anything?

maty

Major Contributor
Yes. All my cheap second system is very optimized, including Windows. After the improvement of the cheap components of the KEF Q100 crossover I am able to appreciate more the differences, hence my problems from days ago.

Now I have 1+3 PlayClassics recordings that I can use as a reference for my settings. Let is say it is like the microphone was finally well calibrated!

It is a matter of eliminating the bottlenecks that we inevitably have. You delete one and another appears that was covered by the previous one. I have been unable to achieve the same with Linux :(

But do not pay too much attention to me. For many years now I have written that I am able to differentiate between MP3 LAME 320 kbps from FLAC 16/44. And between 16/44 ... 24/192. And even between FLAC 0 and FLAC 4. :eek: It is not a math problem but how the hardware (CPU, registers, RAM, HDD...) processes and transfers the data.

- End off topic -

vavan

It is a matter of eliminating the bottlenecks that we inevitably have
do you happen to have any guide how to configure Process Lasso in order to achieve the best possible sound?

maty

Major Contributor
It has taken me years. The latter will only be appreciated if you already have an excellent sound, that is, that you have eliminated or minimized (for example, the poor / terrible quality of the electrical supply that I "enjoy") a few bottlenecks before. Some modifications are not my originals but others are.

If you want to continue, open a specific thread so as not to contaminate more the thread.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd also like to audition what others have been able to, but I do appreciate that you may have a limited number of gift codes.
It seems a very interesting project.

DubbyMcDubs

May I have a code please?

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

The album is now in our catalogue.

You can listen to it online on the albums page or on the streamer along with all the other albums.

We have also uploaded some comparisons with recordings of this same pieces with other methods...

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

The funny thing is, all this different recordings have been done using professional instruments which I can assure you are all very similar in timbre.

The huge differences that you hear in the recordings is not caused by the instruments themselves but by the recordings methods.

That is how far they can take us from the real thing.

Plus you do not need many instruments on the recording for this to happen. It is just as obvious with the piano solo piece...

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

Dear friends from ASR,

Last time I posted on this thread we were at calibration version 2.0f. Lots of things have happened since then...

We kept working on our transparency quest and came across some new developments that have finally produced some results.

Just last week we updated our servers with new versions of all our albums. They have all been updated to calibration 2.1j.

I would be delighted to share this latest version with you all. Many of you already have our releases on some of our previous calibrations and it would be very useful to us to have your feedback on this latest one.

I could open a thread to share this new calibration with you all just like we have done in previous occasions...

labdoc

Dear friends from ASR,
snip
I could open a thread to share this new calibration with you all just like we have done in previous occasions...
Yes please

Orfanik

I am interested in this album too :cool: Please send me a gift code. Thank you soooo much. :p

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I would like to try as well, please.

Top Bottom